HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Line Cook - Patient & Cafe Meals ($1,500 sign on bonus) in Round Rock, Texas
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Centeris part ofSt. David’s HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with aMalcolm Baldrige National Quality Awardin 2014. With 171 beds, the hospital’s comprehensive services include advanced cardiac care at the Heart Hospital of Austin at St. David's Round Rock—the first specialized cardiac facility in Williamson County—with the only Hybrid Operating Room (OR) in the county; as well as emergency services in a 24-hour emergency department, including advanced trauma care with a Level II Trauma Center; St. David's Urgent Care Round Rock; and St. David's Emergency Center in Cedar Park. St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is also known for providing advanced orthopedic and robotic services, among other complex specialties. In 2016, the hospital received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence fromHealthgradesand also earned a national distinction for patient safety fromThe Leapfrog Group.
_The Best is Here - St. David's Healthcare - Austin Texas_
With more than 110 sites across Central Texas, St. David’s HealthCare includes seven of the area’s leading hospitals and is one of the largest health systems in Texas.
The Cook reviews the production sheet and daily menus to determine type and quantities of meats, vegetables, soups, sauces and breads to be prepared. Plans cooking schedule to ensure that food will be ready at specified times. Prepares seasonings, measures and mixes, bakes, test food and adjusts heat on food being cooked. Assists in patient cart and tray delivery. Assists in stocking of food items. Serves on breakfast trayline
- Review menus to determine type and quantities of meats, entrees, soups, etc. to be prepared.
- Prepares and/or cooks food items for patients or residents, staff, visitors and special functions following standardized recipes and acceptable methods of preparation.
- Mixes ingredients according to recipes.
- Bakes, roasts, steams meats, fish and other foods. Makes sauces, soups, stews and casseroles.
- Tests food being cooked by tasting, smelling and/or piercing to determine that it is cooked properly.
- Plans cooking schedule to ensure that food will be ready at the specified time.
- Procures foodstuffs from refrigerators, freezers or other storage areas.
- Maintains cook area in a clean, neat and orderly manner. _Professionalism___
- Adheres to dress code, conduct and attendance policies.
- Accepts both positive and negative constructive feedback.
- Attends at least 80% of in-services and departmental meetings.
- Demonstrates a supportive/positive attitude toward the hospital and fellow employees – is a positive team member.
- Expresses self in an organized, comprehensive, articulate and concise manner.
* Develops specific work plans and due dates.
* Follows through on planned assignments within assigned timeframes.
* Effectively prioritizes assignments. * Demonstrates a willingness to accept extra assignments.
* Adjusts to change, work pressures or different situations without undue stress.
* Demonstrates skill in developing improvements in work methods.
* Effective in cost control and resource utilization.
* Maintains positive relationships with internal customers. Is effective in interacting with and problem solving.
* Maintains positive relationships with external customers. Is effective in interacting with and problem solving.
* Proactive in meeting customer’s needs. Responds promptly to customer needs or requests.
* Keeps Team Leader informed of problems, recommends solutions
_Knowledge & Skills _ Knowledge of quality food production practices. Good cooking and presentation skills required. Effective communication skills required. Ability to read and speak English in order to comprehend written instructions and communicate with patients. Positive leadership and good customer service skills are necessary. Maintains a working telephone or agreed upon alternate form of communication.
*Education and Experience* Required: High school diploma/GED _OR_3 years of cooking experience in a hospital environment or similar industry Preferred: Experience cooking in a hospital or environment, or similar industry
_Credentials_ Required: Current Food Handler's Card through the Department of Health _Hours_ Full-time, part-time, weekend and as needed (PRN) positions 8, 10 and 12 hour shifts 30 day advanced schedule *Benefits* Full & Part-time positions eligible for benefits Career Growth Daily Meal Plan available Medical Dental Vision Tuition Reimbursement 401K Short & Long Term Disability Life Insurance
Job: *Food Services & Nutrition
Title: Line Cook - Patient & Cafe Meals ($1,500 sign on bonus)
Location: Texas-Round Rock-Round Rock Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06240-63484