HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Sterile Processing Tech - Weekends Only (FT) in Round Rock, Texas
St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center * is part of * St. David’s HealthCare * , one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with a * Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award * in 2014. With 171 beds, the hospital’s comprehensive services include advanced cardiac care at the Heart Hospital of Austin at St. David's Round Rock—the first specialized cardiac facility in Williamson County—with the only Hybrid Operating Room (OR) in the county; as well as emergency services in a 24-hour emergency department, including advanced trauma care with a Level II Trauma Center; St. David's Urgent Care Round Rock; and St. David's Emergency Center in Cedar Park. St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center is also known for providing advanced orthopedic and robotic services, among other complex specialties. In 2016, the hospital received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence from * Healthgrades * and also earned a national distinction for patient safety from * The Leapfrog Group ** . *
This position takes primary responsibility for the cleanliness, operational function and sterility of surgical instruments, delicate lens and/or fiber optic scopes; supplies and in-house sterilization of specific items. Responsible for care and use of steam and ETO gas autoclaves and equipment used in sterile.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
/Daily care of instruments and equipment.///
- Cleans, decontaminates instruments and equipment after each case according to hospital policy and procedure shown by quality of instrument cleaning and steps followed in decontamination.
- Uses standard precautions in daily duties and follows all infection control procedures as shown by observation of duties.
- Checks instruments for defect and does instrument inventory of each set after each case as shown by documentation on instrument set list.
- Prepares instruments for sterilization using the proper procedure for individual sets and/or individual instrument as shown by the accuracy of the instrument set list.
- Sterilizes instruments using the correct temperature/time for individual type instruments s shown by sterilization.
- Maintains a clean and neat work area as shown by observation.
- Knows proper operation and maintenance of all equipment in
- Central Supply (steam and gas autoclave, Homo, Steris and any other pertinent equipment) as shown by accurate documentation, load record, diacs, and reporting of malfunction.
- Performs biological testing of all steam, gas, and chemical methods of sterilization as shown by accurate records of each.
- Reports positive biological test results and executes procedure to ensure problem is corrected and no contaminated items are used as shown by test review, sterilization parameters met, and appropriate sterilization indicators.
- Handles all instruments with care, particularly micro, fiberoptic scopes, etc. as shown by appropriate assembly, packaging, and observation.
Uses proper procedure for wrapping and packaging each type of instrument as shown by no error.
/Maintains OR supply levels.///
Keeps shelves and racks clean and orderly as shown by observation.
- Orders supplies from materials on schedule maintaining budget control and according to PAR levels as shown by adequacy of supplies.
- Puts supplies in their appropriate location as shown by no error.
- Communicates any special order supply shortage to Materials
- Coordinator promptly as shown by no supply outage.
- Collaborates with Materials Coordinator on research of new products and equipment as shown by performance.
/ /Assumes and/or performs additional duties as requested./// /
- Organizes time and priorities to adjust to daily schedule demands of processing as shown by workload progress and completion.
- Coaches team members in disposition of instruments and supplies in the decontamination processes as shown by appropriate member compliance.
- Flexible in work hours and assignments as schedule demands (transport patients, assist on prep and scrub duties – only within one’s capability) as shown by performance.
- Anticipates instrument and supply needs by monitoring operative schedule relaying information to Materials Coordinator and/or OR charge nurse as shown by schedule needs being met.
- Participates in on-call duties for emergency procedures as needed by shown by performance.
Appropriately accesses secured rooms with medications storage containers in order to perform assigned job function, which does not include management of medications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required: High School plus some college or business training; one-year clinical experience.
Preferred: Surgical Technology Program, or previous experience as Central Sterile Processing Technician.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
Preferred: Graduate approved surgical technology program AAMI certification.
This position is a full-time Weekends position, which will require you to work every Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
Job: *Clinical Techs - CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Title: Sterile Processing Tech - Weekends Only (FT)
Location: Texas-Round Rock-Round Rock Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06240-61108