Eaton Corporation Senior Product Design Engineer- Vehicle in Roztoky, Czech Republic
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
In field of internal combustion engines Eaton has been one of the largest producers of both valve and valve actuation products for over 75 years. In order to maintain the leading position in the market Eaton is investing its extensive system expertise and engineering excellence in the development of new technologies for the VT to help engine OEM to meet fuel consumption and emissions level as per future regulation requirements. For this reason Eaton is looking for Senior Product Engineer for European Advanced VT engineering team. This person will have the responsibility to manage engineering activities intended to define, develop and validate new Valve Train solutions for future market, and will interact with a large worldwide team. Eaton Advanced Valve Train product line is part of the Engine Air Management group with a broader goal to support future engine efficiency growth, and therefore it is also a requirement the capability to interact with engineering teams of the other product lines inside EAM to achieve this common goal.
Your key deliverables :
• Reads and interprets engineering drawings and specifications. Develops and issues test procedures and works with the team to create product specification in area of expertise
• Practices consistency across product designs, processes and practices. Documents improvements to the engineering standard work processes used to engineer our products
• Conceives technical solutions (concepts) to achieve the desired function within the constraints provided by the customer
• Translates concepts into a feasible and cost-effective design, working with suppliers and Eaton manufacturing plants
• Conducts product/system analysis through simulation, FEA, calculations and related means.
• Creates technical project plans and oversees the validation activities. Reports test results in a clear and concise manner, and makes design recommendations
• Keeps track of progress throughout the development and launch of the product, resolves technical issues arising in the process
• Champions development and implementation of new engineering systems and processes. Improves existing engineering systems and processes. Trains others in the use of engineering systems
• Participates in customer activities with Sales to demonstrate product technology and engineering capabilities toward earning new business. Creates and performs product training program for customers and internal team members
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution
• 2 years of engineering experience
• Legally authorized to work in Europe
• Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
• At least 4 years of engineering experience in a product development environment
• Experience with vehicle engine technologies (valves, valve actuation technology)
What Eaton offers:
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Team of professionals, opportunity to learn new technologies.
• Focus on technology and innovation instead of struggling with bureau typical for corporate environment.
• Roomy offices, good canteen, space for your creativity, ping pong, and others.
• Annual bonus, multisport card, cycling and sport friendly environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Eaton Corporation Jobs