Farmers Insurance Claims Adjuster Liability - South Sacramento or Lodi in Sacramento, California
Physical Location: Citrus Heights, CA or Manteca, CA. Searching for candidates in the Elk Grove, Lodi and South Sacramento area.
Please note this position does not offer relocation
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Investigates, determines liability, confirms coverage, establishes damages, and negotiates settlement of claims. Will also be required to maintain an active adjusters license in states where required.
Essential Job Functions
- Participates in an intensive training program in a supervised learning environment, which includes training in claims investigation, liability determination, coverage confirmation, establishing damages, and negotiation of claims settlement.
- The training will also include current claims systems, processes and strategy.
- Employees will be required to complete an exam with a passing grade at certain phases of the training.
- Investigates, confirms coverage, determines liability, establishes damages, reports status and negotiates the settlement of assigned cases.
- Has the authority to make payment of assigned claims within prescribed limits, with supervisory review and approval.
- Adjusts all types of claims. Inspects damaged property and vehicles, and determines claims related damage.
- Initiates the sale of salvage vehicles, personal property, and miscellaneous salvage items.
- Represents the Company from a public relations standpoint and must conduct oneself as a member of Management at all times.
- Personal contacts are a major part of activity and include policyholders, claimants, agents, witnesses, repair facilities, contractors, police and fire departments, state and county fraud and arson personnel, special investigators, attorneys, expert witnesses, members of the medical profession and all other persons’ incident to the investigation and processing of claims.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bending Pulling Sorting Carrying up to 20 lbs. Pushing, Speaking (English), Climbing Reaching, Standing, Key entering, Reading (English), Walking, Kneeling, Seeing, Writing (English).
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, but with exposure to some or all of the following environments when in the field: uncontrolled outside environmental conditions, excessive noise levels, chemicals such as Chemical/Biological conditions, moving mechanical parts, and areas considered dangerous conditions, which could affect the respiratory system or skin such as: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, oils, smoke, soot, or poor ventilation.
Four-year college degree required.
- Experience with sales and customer service in a fast pace environment
- Experience in contract negotiations preferred
- General medical terminology knowledge preferred
- Working knowledge of meeting deadlines preferred
Special Skill Requirement
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Typing speed of 45 WPM
- Investigation and Problem solving skills
- Time management skills and being proactive
- Proficiency in navigating through multiple applications and software
- Valid Driver’s License
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Claims Adjuster Liability - South Sacramento or Lodi
Requisition ID: 1800058K
Other Locations: United States-California-Elk Grove