HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Technician II in Salem VA, Virginia
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year.
LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. Lastly, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have ranked us among the top hospitals nationwide on quality measures for our services and treatments to address heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
We offer a working environment that's as nurturing as it is dynamic. With our team-oriented approach, and the ample opportunities we provide for learning and career growth, we know you'll find that Lewis Gale Medical Center offers the ideal atmosphere where you can use your best skills. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, a matching 401(k) plan, referral bonuses, outstanding educational assistance and resources, plus a generous paid time-off plan.
To learn more about working at Lewis Gale Medical Center click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dDbGQbkJ-0
Pharmacy Technician is that individual who, under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist or Director of Pharmacy, assists in the various activities of the pharmacy department not requiring the professional judgment of the pharmacist. Such duties include, but need not be limited to: maintaining patient records; set up, packaging, and labeling medication doses; filling and dispensing routine orders for stock supplies of patient-care areas; refilling and inventorying automated dispensing machines, maintaining inventories of medication supplies; and mixing medications with parenteral fluids. Technicians must function in strict accordance with standard, written procedures and guidelines with deviation approved by the supervising pharmacist. Organizational relationships include being directly responsible to the Lead Technician, Pharmacist and Director of Pharmacy.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
- Processes medication orders or prescriptions, accurately and safely compounds medications and IV admixtures in acceptable dosage forms, appropriately packages and dispenses pre-manufactured dosage forms.
- Operates and uses appropriate techniques within systems for storage, preparation, and dispensing of medicinal agents and follows the health system’s policies regarding cart fill, unit dose distribution, medication preparation and labeling, controlled substances reconciliation, and purchasing of pharmaceuticals and supplies.
- Assists the pharmacists in the preparation of patient, physician and nursing education.
- Assists the pharmacist in the retrieval of accurate, concise, applicable and timely drug information.
- Collects patient-specific data to assist the pharmacist in designing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating, and modifying patient pharmacotherapy to ensure effective, safe and economical patient care including screening for IV to oral conversion, renal dosing adjustments, allergies and non-formulary prescribing.
- Assists with publishing and distributing newsletters and notices.
- Effectively supports management.
- Completes work activities through effective management of time, tasks and available resources.
- Manages own conduct, performance and attitude including time, space and paper; ethics; attendance and punctuality; and customer focus.
- Participates in implementing goals and objectives, and policy and procedures of the department and facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned or scheduled.
EXPERIENCE Required- 2 years as a Pharmacy technician Preferred- 3 plus years as a Pharmacy technician
Hospital experience preferred
EDUCATION Required- High school diploma or equivalent Preferred- Associates degree
CERTIFICATION Required- Board of Pharmacy Technician Registration required Preferred- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certified
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacy Technician II
Location: Virginia-Salem VA-Lewis-Gale Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00005-19236