HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Phlebotomist PRN in Salem VA, Virginia
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 521-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year.
LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. Lastly, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have ranked us among the top hospitals nationwide on quality measures for our services and treatments to address heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care.
We offer a working environment that's as nurturing as it is dynamic. With our team-oriented approach, and the ample opportunities we provide for learning and career growth, we know you'll find that Lewis Gale Medical Center offers the ideal atmosphere where you can use your best skills. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, a matching 401(k) plan, referral bonuses, outstanding educational assistance and resources, plus a generous paid time-off plan.
To learn more about working at Lewis Gale Medical Center click here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dDbGQbkJ-0
• Know policies, procedures and practices necessary to perform a variety of routine blood drawing procedures using standard techniques and equipment. Know policies, procedures and practices necessary to perform specimen processing duties. Be aware of the role of the position and its potential impact on patient care, the work unit, the department, and facility operations.
• Make decisions and establish priorities for specimen collection and processing based on established policies and procedures. Work in an independent manner with limited supervision.
• Demonstrate initial and annual competency in phlebotomy and processing, including all computer related functions.
• Shares daily workload in the phlebotomy/processing section. Make a contribution to section and department objectives.
• Prioritizes work to assure completion within the assigned shift and according to required TAT.
• Performs and documents various quality control and equipment maintenance procedures to maintain compliance with internal and external regulations.
• Maintain constructive, open communication with supervisors, co-workers and customers. Demonstrate an awareness of patient/client expectations and seek to satisfy.
• Exhibits customer service skills in dealings with patients, visitors, physicians, hospital staff and coworkers.
• Possess an understanding of and an ability to participate in: Laboratory QA, Safety Plans/Policies, Lab Billing , Compliance, Code of Conduct, and HIPAA requirements as they relate to your position, the department and the facility. Respect and adhere to the mission, vision, and values of CJW Medical Center.
• Demonstrate knowledge and skill necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served, including patient education, when applicable.
EDUCATION Required - High School Diploma or equivalent Preferred - High School Diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE Required - phlebotomy experience Preferred - processing experience
CERTIFICATION Preferred - ASCP/ASPT certified
Title: Phlebotomist PRN
Location: Virginia-Salem VA-Lewis-Gale Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00005-18902