HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director of Nursing - Labor & Delivery in San Antonio, Texas
Center City San Antonio is the backdrop for a vibrant and diverse community of patients served by Metropolitan Methodist Hospital. Our 354 bed hospital offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our women’s pavilion, the only stand-alone facility in downtown San Antonio dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, has earned an excellent reputation, one baby at a time. For more information, please visit our website atwww.sahealth.comand select Metropolitan Methodist Hospital under Locations.
_Why join the Metropolitan Methodist team?_
- Metropolitan was recently named The Leap Frog's Group TOP General Hospital.
- Designated by Modern Healthcare as one of the top 150 best places to work in Healthcare.
- First hospital in San Antonio to receive Pathway to Excellence Designation.
- First and only hospital in San Antonio and one of only 3 of TX hospitals to be named a Top General Hospital.
- First Texas hospital, and only the 8th hospital in the nation to earn The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval for Sepsis Certification.
- Recognized for the third consecutive year as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation.
_We offer you a generous benefits package including:_
* Medical, Dental, disability and life insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Paid Time Off
* Employee Discount Program
* Employee Stock Purchase Program
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Reports to the Senior Director, Vice President and/or the Chief Nursing Officer.
* Facilitates, coordinates and delegates the delivery of patient care to a defined group of patients during their entire hospitalization period.
* Provides leadership and overall responsibility for the functioning of assigned clinical patient care/procedural unit(s).
* Responsible 24 hours a day, with full accountability, for the staffing and management of patient care in each of his/her units, for promoting the practice of professional nursing in a specified patient care area, and for the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources (human and material) needed to fulfill those responsibilities.
* Liaison between physicians and the patient care team and works cooperatively with administrators, physicians, staff, other managers and all customers of the Methodist Healthcare System to provide services, which consistently meet and exceed the expectations of their customers.
* Assess and prioritize opportunities to improve, plan and implement effective changes and evaluate outcomes of process improvement activities.
* Models behavior consistent with the MHS management philosophy.
_Education:_ * Bachelor of Science in Nursing Note: Current MHS employees who completed a Nursing Diploma or Associates in Nursing degree program who are currently in a Nurse Director position have until 1/1/2014 to meet BSN education requirements.
_Experience:_ * Three years recent RN acute care experience. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
_Preferred:_ * Master’s Degree in Nursing or related field; 1-year management experience as a charge RN, clinical care manager/supervisor, or manager.
*Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required*: * Must have current RN license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas. Must have Texas RN license within 90 days of hire.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Director of Nursing - Labor & Delivery
Location: Texas-San Antonio-Metropolitan Methodist Hospital
Requisition ID: 01578-88416