HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nurse Manager - Labor & Delivery in San Antonio, Texas
Opening in March 2009,Methodist Stone Oak Hospitalcontinues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. Ours is a beautiful, streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available and staffed by people who genuinely care for the well-being of others. The hospital’s services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, oncology, neurosurgery and orthopedics. In November 2017 the hospital expanded by more than 100,000 square feet and 102 beds bringing our total number of licensed beds to over 210.
Methodist Stone Oak Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. The hospital belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients. For more information, please visit our website atwww.sahealth.comand select Methodist Stone Oak Hospital under Locations.
_Why join the Methodist Stone Oak Hospital Team?_
- Recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®
- Recognized by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation
- Methodist Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating out of thousands of hospitals
- Texas Award for Performance Excellence
_We offer you a generous benefits package including:_
_ _ 1. Medical, Dental, disability and life insurance 2. Flexible Spending Accounts 3. Paid Time Off 4. Employee Discount Program 5. Employee Stock Purchase Program 6. Tuition Reimbursement __ __ ** _Your role:_
- Responsible to the Director, Vice President and/or the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Facilitate, coordinate and delegate the delivery of patient care to a defined group of patients during their entire hospitalization period.
- Responsible 24 hours a day for the staffing and management of patient care in each of his/her units, for promoting the practice of professional nursing in a specified patient care area, and for the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources (human and material) needed to fulfill those responsibilities.
- Works cooperatively with administrators, physicians, staff, other managers and all customers of the Methodist Healthcare System to provide services, which consistently meet and exceed the expectations of their customers.
- Assess and prioritize opportunities to improve, plan and implement effective changes and evaluate outcomes of process improvement activities.
- The Nurse Manager models behavior consistent with the MHS management philosophy actively supports the Mission and Vision of the MHS and effectively maintains the hospital’s Standards of Care and Practice.
Education * Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred, Master’s degree highly preferred. Experience * At least 3 years clinical acute care nursing experience. * 1-year management experience as full time or relief charge nurse, clinical care manager, or Nursing Administrative Supervisor desirable. * Demonstrated leadership skills. * Evidence of continued professional development. * Knowledge of Microsoft Office is preferable. Minimum License Required: Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Nurse Manager - Labor & Delivery
Location: Texas-San Antonio-Methodist Stone Oak Hospital
Requisition ID: 03132-89643