Chenega Corporation Pediatric Home Health Nurse (RN/LVN) in San Antonio, Texas
Access Quality Therapy Services (AQTS)
Company Job Title:
Pediatric Home Health Nurse (RN/LVN)
Chenega Job Title:
Home Health Nurse (RN/LVN)
San Antonio, TX
Director of Nursing (DON)
Non-Exempt, Part Time, Temporary
AQTS Home Health, a subsidiary of Chenega Corporation, is a licensed and certified home health agency, accredited by The Joint Commission, providing home health care and private duty nursing services pediatric patients. AQTS strives to provide each patient with the highest quality care and excellent customer service. Our mission is to provide the best possible care that patients expect and deserve.
The primary function of thePediatric Home Health Nurse is to administer skilled nursing care for maternal/child clients in their place of residence, coordinate care with the interdisciplinary team, patient/family and referring agency; and assumes the responsibility for coordination of care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assess home health pediatric patient/family to identify the physical, psycho social, and environmental needs as evidenced by documentation, clinical record, case conference, team report, and evaluations.
· Implement/develop/document the plan of care to ensure quality and continuity of care.
· Provide care utilizing infection control measures that protect both the staff and the patient (OSHA).
· Supervise and provide clinical directions to ensure quality and continuity of service provided.
· Assure continuity of quality patient care delivered with appropriate documentation.
· Monitor assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third-party payor.
· Demonstrate commitment, professional growth and competency.
· Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies.
· Perform on-call responsibilities and provide on-call service to patients/families as assigned.
· Provide effective communication to patient/family, team members, and other health care profession.
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
· Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate School of Nursing.
· Current Texas State license as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational nurse.
· One year experience as a Nurse in a clinical care pediatric setting, home health experience preferred.
· Proof of current CPR, and Hepatitis consent/declination.
· Reliable transportation and valid auto liability insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Nursing skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice and pediatric competency.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· The ability to work a flexible schedule.
· The ability to travel locally.
Physical Demands:(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment:(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
· The employee will normally works in patients’ homes in various conditions, possible exposure to blood and bodily fluids and infectious diseases. May have some exposure to unpleasant weather, PRN emergency call.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Organization: Chenega Corporation Environmental, Healthcare and Facilities SBU
Title: Pediatric Home Health Nurse (RN/LVN)
Location: Texas-San Antonio
Requisition ID: 1900000395