HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN II) - Stepdown (Nights 7P to 7A w/rotating weekends) in San Antonio, Texas
Opening in March 2009, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. Ours is a beautiful, streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available and staffed by people who genuinely care for the well-being of others. The hospital’s services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, oncology, neurosurgery and orthopedics. In November 2017 the hospital expanded by more than 100,000 square feet and 70 beds bringing our total number of licensed beds to over 210.
Methodist Stone Oak Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. The hospital belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients. We have been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating out of thousands of hospitals. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Stone Oak Hospital under Locations.
The Registered Nurse (RN) is the patient and patient’s family advocate. The RN consistently applies and utilizes the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills, and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients. The RN collaborates with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes. Communicates and utilizes interpersonal skills effectively and role models confidence and professionalism within nursing by active engagement in unit and organizational activities. Demonstrates team work, adaptability, and is a resource person to the patient care team. The RN is accountable for the quality of nursing care services delivered by self or others under their direction in accordance with the Texas Nurse Practice Act, hospital policies, and the Texas Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks (Chapter 224).
Essential Job Functions :
Applies nursing judgment through a thorough, systematic approach of applying the nursing process, to include:
- Assessment: Conducts ongoing focused physical, psychosocial, and pain assessments; includes assessment of patient education needs.
- Planning: Utilizes the assessment, identifies problems, makes nursing diagnoses, formulates goals, teaching plans and outcomes to create an individualized plan of care. Identifies individual patient goals, readiness to learn, and incorporates family into the plan of care.
- Implementation: Prioritizes and implements an efficient nursing plan of care.
- Evaluation/Reassessment: Consistently conducts timely evaluations, recognizes changes in patient conditions, determines when reassessments are needed, and adjusts the plan of care as necessary. Compares expected and achieved outcomes of nursing care utilizing the plan of care.
- Collaborates with patient care team members on patient care plan, incorporating consistent use of hand-off communication and SBAR communication methods.
- Prioritizes tasks and adjusts priorities when necessary. Maintains an orderly, efficient, and timely flow of patients. Recognizes and reports errors or unusual occurrences, and initiates corrective action when appropriate.
- Makes accurate, complete, and timely entries into the patient medical record addressing all steps of the nursing process. Actively communicates with members of the healthcare team, patient, and patient family.
- Maintains current nursing knowledge to assure a safe working environment.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Required: Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program.
Preferred:Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required :
Required : RN License to practice as a professional registered nursing in the state of Texas or Active Multi-State RN Compact License. (Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date.)
Preferred : Certification in their specialty
- A minimum of six (6) months clinical experience as a licensed RN
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN II) - Stepdown (Nights 7P to 7A w/rotating weekends)
Location: Texas-San Antonio-Methodist Stone Oak Hospital
Requisition ID: 03132-81507