HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registrar in San Antonio, Texas
PRN / per diem
Parallon is one of the country’s largest premier revenue cycle partners, with more than 15,800 employees serving 600 hospitals and 3,000 physician practices. Annually, we collect more than $41 billion and interact with 37 million patients. Our track record of results is among the best in the industry. We serve hospitals, physician practices and healthcare systems by bringing deep operational knowledge and tailored revenue cycle solutions so that providers can focus on fulfilling their mission.
Job Summary –The Registrar PRN is responsible for timely and accurate patient registration. Interviews patients for all pertinent account information and verifies insurance coverage.
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Interview patients at workstation or at bedside to obtain all necessary account information. Bed-side registration performed utilizing carts/computers on wheels
• Follow AIDET guidelines in all interactions with the patient
• Provide exemplary Customer Service
• Ensure charts are completed and accurate
• Verify all insurance and obtain pre-certification/authorization
• Calculate and collect patient liability amounts
• Ensure that all necessary signatures are obtained for treatments
• Answers any questions and explains policies clearly
• Process patient charts according to paperwork flow needs and established productivity standards
• Welcome patient and family members in a professional manner. Contact the nursing staff for emergency medical needs and answer patient and visitor questions
• Interview incoming patients, his/her relatives, or other responsible individuals to obtain identifying and demographical information with insurance and financial information
• Assign Insurance Plans (IPlans) accurately
• Search MPI completely and assign the correct medical record number. Notify HIM for any duplicate unit numbers
• Verify insurance benefits and determines pre-certification/authorization status via on- line or other resources. If pre-certification/authorization/notification of admission is required and has not been obtained, initiate via Passport, on-line or phone call. - Enter all information and authorization/referral numbers into the registration system.
• Secure all signatures necessary for treatments, release of medical information, assignment of insurance benefits, and payment of services from legally responsible parties. Obtain copies of necessary identification and insurance cards.
• Understand/explain policies regarding services, pricing, insurance billing, and payment of account. Request full or partial payment for services rendered according to collection policies.
• Follows all guidelines set forth in the Cash Handling policy. Produce paperwork on each patient for distribution to appropriate departments.
• Cross-trained to register patients in any registration area
• Work with physician offices and ancillary departments, providing information when necessary or forwarding relevant documents
• Scan appropriate order in Front Office Scanning.
• Escort patient to his/her destination or refers patient to an available transporter
• Activate all pre-registered patients that have reported for service
• Meets/exceeds performance expectations and completes work within the required timeframe.
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately.
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
High school diploma or GED required.
One year of related experience required.
Parallon/HCA is an equal opportunity workforce and no one shall discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status with respect to any offer, or term or condition, of employment. We make reasonable accommodations to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Location: Texas-San Antonio-Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hospital
Requisition ID: 08949-150851