HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Patient Placement Coordinator - Full Time - Days in San Antonio, Texas
Variation of 7am - 7pm
Methodist Healthcare is the largest provider of health care services in the South Texas region and enjoys the highest consumer preference share of services as measured by the National Research Corporation (NRC). Methodist has also won the San Antonio Express-News’ People’s Choice Award every year since its inception and the NRC Consumer Choice Award a dozen times – more than almost any other hospital organization in Texas. As San Antonio’s second largest private employer, our facilities employ more than 10,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties.
Our network of greater San Antonio hospitals includes: Methodist Hospital, Methodist Children’s Hospital, Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, Northeast Methodist Hospital, Metropolitan Methodist Hospital, Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hospital, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital, Methodist Texsan Hospital, and Methodist Hospital South. We also have 2 freestanding emergency centers, Methodist Boerne Emergency Center and Metropolitan Methodist Emergency Center. At each of our facilities, Methodist Healthcare offers an outstanding selection of doctors, healthcare professionals, equipment and health services from wellness events to transplant services, pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, oncology and a complete range of other medical services in the South Texas region. For more information, please visit our website athttp://www.sahealth.com/.
General Statement of Duties: The RN Patient Placement Coordinator is responsible for patient flow within the Methodist Healthcare System (MHS). Assigns patients to an appropriate hospital bed, monitors the demand for beds as needs become known through reservations, walk-ins, transfers, or Emergency Department admissions. Provides administrative authority of accepting transfer patients to all MHS facilities. Functions in conjunction with the Nursing Administrators, Admitting Departments, Clerical Staff and Nursing Unit staff. Participates in capacity management conference calls and necessary triage and evaluation of patients to prioritize bed assignments. Monitors and projects bed availability based on known, predicted, or expected transfers/discharges. Receives and coordinates all communication from Physicians and their office staff for admission requests.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Displays proficiency in using TeleTracking to assign patients to units, constantly monitoring demand with bed availability and needs. Will assure assignments are made by matching clinical needs of patients with bed assignments based on unit admission/discharge criteria.
2. F acilitates and provides leadership, direction and support for all patient flow operations within
3. Responsible for accurately completing documentation on all transfer inquiries in the appropriate software. Responsible for initiating and communicating the Capacity Management Plan in
conjunction with the Nurse Administrator. 4. Responsible for communicating bed availability and predicted patient flow issues to Nurse Directors, Nurse Administrators, and Hospital Administration. Communicates with Physicians and their offices and outlying facilities if placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Used critical thinking skills to determine the best course of action which will be satisfactory to the patient, MD and the hospital. Uses appropriate notification loop when bed availability does not match patient needs.
5. Responsible for assuring compliance with EMTALA regulations and giving administrative acceptance of all transfers and admissions into Methodist Healthcare System. Responsible for securing transport for transferring patients as requested by sending facility.
6. Responsible for partnering and strengthening relationships with Rural Physicians and within MHS and as well as and facilitating growth and increasing each MH hospital’s volume depending on the campuses capacity and capability.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics: 1. Education: Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program. 2. Experience: Effective 01/01/2013: Three (3) years of prior RN direct patient care experience. Employees hired prior to 01/01/2013 must have two (2) years prior RN direct care experience. 3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable). 4. Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN); Recent clinical ICU or telemetry experience
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required: 1. Required: RN License to practice professional registered nursing in the state of Texas. 2. Preferred: N/A
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: RN Patient Placement Coordinator - Full Time - Days
Location: Texas-San Antonio-Methodist Healthcare System
Requisition ID: 08164-86657