Hilton Barista - Hilton San Diego Bayfront in San Diego, California
The Hilton San Diego Bayfront is hiring Barista's to join the team in their Starbuck's outlet! If you're looking to launch your hospitality career with Hilton, this entry-level opportunity may be a perfect opportunity for you!
Position pays $11.50 per hour with opportunity for growth with Hilton.
This position is part of the Local 30 Union, which requires schedule flexibility for days/evenings/weekends/holidays, between 4:30am-7pm. We are unable to accommodate schedule restrictions and full-time hours are not always guaranteed. Hours and scheduling are based on Seniority and business needs. You must be comfortable with a schedule and hours that will fluctuate and may be minimal some weeks, until seniority is established.
For qualifying individuals, Hilton offers AMAZING benefits including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), 401k ( match), extensive Paid Time Off, Team Member/Friend & Family Travel Program, employee restaurant (complimentary lunch), Team Member recognition and other AWESOME Hilton Perks!
A Barista with Hilton greets, prepares, services, and takes guests' orders for beverages and/or food in a friendly, courteous, professional and timely manner to ensure total guest satisfaction. Upsells additional items to enhance profitability. Enters orders into a computerized system and settles check(s) upon completion of order. Performs general cleaning tasks to adhere to health and safety standards.
- Min. 1 year customer service experience required
- Flexible Scheduling (able to work am/pm/weekends/holidays) between the hours of 4:30am-8:00pm
- Barista experience strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate in English
(Please note: This position may require an digital video interview if you are selected to move forward in the screening process)
What Will I Be Doing?
- Greet guests and respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Brew, sell, promote and prepare beverages according to established recipes and standards
- Take guest beverage orders and accurately input orders inappropriate point-of-sale system
- Maintains cleanliness of work area/outlet
- Accurately total, process and collect payments from guests to include, but not limited to, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, making change and processing gift certificates and cards
- Requisition, stock and rotate products
- Secure and store all beverages, food and other equipment items
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton Offers Excellent Benefits:
PTO Accrual · Health/Vision/Dental · 401K · Discounted hotel room stays · Discounted entertainment (movie, theme parks, concerts, etc.) tickets · Free lunch for all employees ·Discounted dry cleaning ·free laundering of uniforms · team member recognition
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Bars and Restaurants
Title: Barista - Hilton San Diego Bayfront
Requisition ID: HOT05NYJ