IBM Postdoctorial Researcher - Computational Science in SAN JOSE, California
We are looking for a scientist to join the IBM Research Division as a postdoctoral researcher at the Almaden Research Center in San Jose, CA, to work in areas related to computer simulation and modeling of polymeric nanoparticle materials. Applications may include drug delivery and surfactant phenomena (e.g., micelle formation and dynamics). The position also offers the opportunity to explore the application of quantum computing to materials modeling. Successful applicants will work closely with other IBM research scientists worldwide.
· Postgraduate degree (Ph.D.) or pursuing in computational chemistry or related fields such as computational materials science or computational physics
· Four or more years of experience in the application of particle-based simulation methods (e.g., molecular dynamics, Monte Carlo, dissipative particle dynamics, development/testing of force fields)
· Two or more years of experience with at least two simulation software packages such as LAMMPS, GROMACS, DL_POLY, AMBER or CHARMM.
· Two or more years of experience developing and implementing scientific algorithms/programs (in Fortran, C, C++, Python, shell script) for particle simulation or analysis of simulation data
· Familiarity working in a Unix/Linux type environment
· Experience working with high performance computing environments such as on supercomputers or large workstation clusters
· Research track record of published work
· Proven written and oral communication skills, including an ability to communicate with technical and nontechnical workers in other fields\
· Experience in a specific chemistry application area such as formulation chemistry, polymers, composites, or solvent behavior
· Development of computational workflows for high throughput simulation
· Interest in analysis of large data sets
· Deployment/optimization of algorithms on advanced computing architectures
using parallel programming methodologies (MPI/OpenMP/CUDA etc).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Chemistry or Physics (minimum of 4years)
Theory and Modeling (minimum of 3 years)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Minimum of 1 year experience with Quantum Information
Minimum of 3 years' experience in programming (such as C++, Fortran, etc.)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.