IBM SAP S4 Data Management Program Lead in San Jose, California
IBM is the world's largest SAP Partner; we have worked together with SAP for over thirty years, partnering with indigenous and multi-national companies to delivery SAP-enabled business transformation together.
This is your opportunity to join our team in Abu Dhabi to work on a range of exciting new S/4 HANA centric design, implementation, upgrade and support engagements for an influential organization in the Middle east. World-class learning opportunities, mentoring and a flexible work environment.
We bring our global industrial-strength Application Management capabilities, modernized for a cloud world, together with our world-class cloud and mobile-powered Enterprise Application and Systems Integration skills. The integration of DevOps Innovation Services and Agile practices, along with IBM Design Thinking and a world of talent, enables us to deliver continuous innovation with speed, quality, and at the cost point required to keep clients at the top of their game.
We’re currently looking for a SAP Finance Functional Lead who excel at delivering best-of-breed SAP focused solutions to clients. As a member of our SAP team you will get the chance to participate in new and existing implementations, developed with the latest technology and tools including S/4 HANA.
This position requires leads who can demonstrate a proven track record of SAP delivery and combine this with strong consulting experience. You will be in charge of producing robust Functional and Process designs for SAP Finance based solutions in the O&G sector. We are looking for a professional with IT consulting experience, including gathering requirements, translating those into a functional design and implementing it.
Preferred Tech and Professional Experience
• Experience of S/4 HANA is required.
• As would O&G sector experience.
• Strong experience in data architecture, migration, cleansing, transformation, loading and reconciliation.
• Fully aware of and experienced with the trial data load management, load reconciliation, defect resolution
• Overseeing and ensuring delivery of all aspects of data analysis, mapping and transfer
• Owning the quality of the migrated data and the validity of the migration processes and operation
• Understand data requirement via communication with key users and establish data definitions and data standards, application of these standards in the data templates, and ensuring adherence to these standards.
• Report data management status and identify issues.
• Work closely with functional team and data team to log and resolve data design issues.
• Good planning, tracking and reporting skills.
• Experience of leading large teams.
• Exposure to cross module integration and data impact on system design.
• Experience on working on multi-country implementations.
Responsible for and owner of entire Data Management activities, which includes the following:
Data Management Experience:
• Develop, implement and maintain data architecture best practices and standards
• Design and implement processes to ensure data quality standards
• Work with business and IT partners on improving data integrity and quality
• Work with business and IT to model master data such as item, customer, and vendor among others
• Utilizing data architecture best practices and standards, define and implement technical solutions in the movement of data throughout an organization
• Provide leadership and inputs in related technical areas, such as Business Intelligence Reporting and Analytics
• Gather requirements for data architecture through the use of business and technical interviews and round-table discussions
• Evaluate and make decisions regarding the alternative processes that can be followed in data movement throughout an organization: ETL, SOA / Web Services, Bulk Load, etc
• Evaluate and make decisions regarding the alternative tools and platforms that can be used to perform activities around data collection, data distribution and reporting
• Understand the concepts of data warehousing and how data architecture fits into larger data warehousing and database implementation projects as a major component of the effort
• Show experience with the concepts of data modeling for both transaction based systems and reporting / data warehouse type systems
• Evaluate data related requirements around data quality and master data management and understand and articulate how these factors apply to data architecture
• Understand the concepts of data quality, data ownership, and data governance, and understand how they apply within a data architecture framework
SAP Implementation Experience:
• Experience of data construction in templates for green field implementations.
• Experience of data migration from legacy to SAP system for brown field implementations.
• 4 Implementations with Multi-business, Multi-company, Multi-currency, Multi-Chart of Accounts, Joint Ventures,
SAP Roll outs, Upgrades, support & maintenance
• 3 to 5 Roll out/Upgrade/Support Projects (preferable)
Project Management Certifications
• Certification in PMP, PRINCE2, Six Stigma will help.
• Document preparation experience (Business/Solution Architecture, Data migration strategy, Data migration Plan, load tool functional specifications etc.)
• Reporting on Data stream progress, per phase, per entity/company code.
QA & QC Management
• Experience in managing the quality of Project Deliverables
• Experience in assessing and mitigating project risks
• Experience in managing project resources in optimal manner
• Experience of leading multiple teams across different phases of project.
• Experience in communication management across all levels
Education Qualifications: Bachelor in Technical stream ( Engg in Computer Systems, Computer Sciences); MBA in MIS
Working in and managing projects that transform and add value to our leading clients in the UAE in a team of multi-national colleagues and client staff is the next step in your career!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Oil & Gas
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Oil & Gas
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.