Hilton Director of Catering & Events - Hilton Caribe in San Juan, Puerto Rico
Thenewly renovated Caribe Hilton is looking for a Director of Catering & Events to lead their amazing team!
- 2 Years Director of Sales Experience
- Experience working at a 300 Guestroom Hotel, and 30,000 Square Feet of Meeting Space Required
- Multilingual Required (Spanish and English)
- Delphi Knowledge Preferred
Caribe Hilton hotel is one of the most famous San Juan hotels. Set on a secluded peninsula with 17 acres of lush foliage, this San Juan resort is ideally situated between historic Old San Juan and the contemporary Condado area of San Juan. Situated five minutes from San Juan Convention Center and 15 minutes from Luis Muñoz Marin Airport, this San Juan, Puerto Rico hotel offers 652 beautiful guestrooms, and can accommodate up to 3,000 attendees with their newly renovated 65,000 square feet of meeting space.
The Director of Catering & Events is responsible for planning, soliciting and promoting Special Events business for the hotel. Develops the overall hotel Catering/Special Events plans and budgets. Responsible for revenue maximization and control of Catering/Special Events expenses through effective negotiation of services and accurate forecasting. Responsible for the successful execution of Catering and Special Events.
What will I be doing?
As a Catering Director, you are responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Responsible for the development of market segments and solicitation of new customer relationships while maintaining and enhancing existing relationships with corporate and social accounts. Consistently strives to maximize revenue and promote relationships through effective negotiation of services and control of expenses
- Oversees the selection, training, and assessment activities of the Catering staff in the proper preparation and execution of contracts, orders, customer relations, menus, memos, charges, files, etc. Organizes and conducts staff meetings to coordinate successful functions
- Develops business plans, budgets, revenue goals, forecasts for food and beverage items, menus, room rentals, and creates reports against same to monitor progress
- Participates in meetings as appropriate, to ensure communication between departments while helping to ensure clients' needs are met
- Meets with largest customers and ensure other customers are communicated with pertaining to the success of Catering events
- Conducts tours of the property for prospective clients, owners and new managers
- Attends menu, staff, and other Hotel meetings
What are we looking for?
A Director of Catering & Events serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Strong leadership skills, whereas it is evident that you can effectively manage and motivate a team to perform beyond expectations
- Strong analytical skills so to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Experience in a similar role with a proven track record
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of local market
- Knowledge of hospitality
- Passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant field would be advantageous
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Director of Catering & Events - Hilton Caribe
Requisition ID: HOT05O52