Comcast Payment Services Representative in Sandy, Utah
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Military Experience Welcome!
Responsible for accurately and confidently handling customers' inquiries while using negotiation skills to collect delinquent balance(s) and retain the customer on both inbound and outbound calls. Facilitates interactions with customers in a way that is in accordance with the Company's service delivery strategy. Establishes rapport and promotes effective relationships, upholding Comcast's commitment to the customer experience through our Credo, Voice of the Customer (VOC) surveys, and the Comcast Customer Guarantee. Relates well to the customer and demonstrates a favorable image of the organization through effective use of soft skills (including active listening and problem solving skills), professional communications, and internal/external customer interactions. Acts in the best interest of both the customer and company. Works on straight forward tasks using established procedures. Able to work in a collaborative team environment to improve the services and experiences of our customers.
- Communicates and explains intermediate account information to the customer with focus on collecting the delinquent customer balance, while ensuring first-call resolution for inbound calls.
- Accurately calculates and communicates fees, one-time charges, and/or recurring monthly fees.
- Explains billing cycles, processes, and prorates to ensure that customers understand their statements.
- Corrects discrepancies on customers' billing statements and researches customer billing situations as necessary.
- Utilizes established escalation procedures to expedite prompt resolution.
- Negotiates on every call in an attempt to satisfy delinquent customer balances.
- Multitasks between multiple tools and systems and applies information, knowledge and resolution to the customers' situations.
- Follows company policies and procedures as well as guidelines for Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) and Personal Identifiable information (PII).
- Acts as a product expert, articulating product features (Cable TV, Internet, Phone and XFINITY Home) and the benefits of satisfying a payment to prevent interruption of these services.
- Promotes self-service options.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, structured, dynamic and high-transaction environment, with the ability to maintain composure in stressful situations and manage and diffuse angry or upset customers.
- Consistently meets or exceeds established goals and performance metrics which reflect higher performance expectations.
- Attends training as required.
- Able to seek assistance from team members and seeks Supervisor support when necessary.
- Interacts with customers to assist with a variety of customer inquiries and issues. Must be able to wear telephone headset and manipulate objects such as pen, keyboard, and mouse.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer