HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nurse Manager Free Standing ED in Sanford, Florida
/Central Florida Regional Hospital, a 221-bed acute care hospital, serves the communities of Seminole and west Volusia counties. The hospital provides the only full-service / /cardiovascular program/ / in Seminole and west Volusia, including / /open heart surgery/ /, / /interventional cardiology/ /, / /electrophysiology/ /, / /cardiac rehabilitation/ / and comprehensive / /diagnostic services/ /. Other specialized services include / /orthopedic and spine care/ /, / /robotic surgery/ /,/ /wound care/ /, / /acute inpatient medical rehabilitation/ /, complete / /imaging services/ / and / /The Baby Suites/ /. Central Florida Regional Hospital is located 3.6 miles east of I-4 between S.R. 46 and Highway 17-92 in Sanford. The hospital has been designated a / /provisional Level II trauma center/ / and provides / /24/7 emergency care/ / both in Sanford and at/ /Oviedo ER/ /, a department of Central Florida Regional Hospital, located at 8300 Red Bug Lake Road./
Nurse Manager – Free Standing ED
Central Florida Regional Hospital seeks a Nurse Manager to join our Emergency Services Team. The ideal candidate will be one that provides leadership and directs functions of assigned patient care area on a 24 hour basis; ensure effective delivery of clinical patient care and compliance with administrative and clinical policies and procedures. Additional responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Provides leadership and demonstrates responsibility and accountability for the delivery of safe, quality, patient care for assigned departments on a 24 hour basis. Ensures department's standard of practice, policies and procedures meet legal, and all accrediting and regulatory agency requirements.
- Directs the continuity of care through demonstrated use of interdisciplinary team approach to patient care. Collaborates and shares pertinent patient information with physicians, patients, and other members of the healthcare team regarding patient progress, and treatment.
- Develops and implements ongoing programs to measure, monitor, assesses and to improve quality of care delivered to patients. Works toward hospital-wide improvement in meeting core measure, patient safety, and service excellence goals in assigned department(s).
- Ensures the effective coordination of the patient's care with other services and departments throughout the hospital.
- Ensures provision of quality services by maintaining appropriate resources, staffing levels, competency of staff, maintenance and performance of equipment, instrumentation, physical space and training and education of staff.
- Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience.
- Fosters a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Ensures patient communication and explanation of care is provided in a way that can be easily understood by patients and their families. Ensures patient family is informed of patient status.
- Fosters effective departmental communication and collaboration with physicians and/or other members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting patient needs.
- Supports hospital initiatives in meeting core measures, patient safety and patient experience goals.
Performs duties in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, and recognized professional, quality, environmental and infection control standards.
Education: Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred
Experience: Minimum 3 year Cath Lab RN experience in acute care setting; 1 year supervisory experience preferred
Current Florida State Registered Nursing license; or ARNP; or RCIS Certification
- Current Basic Life Support / ACLS
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Nurse Manager Free Standing ED
Location: Florida-Sanford-Central Florida Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00327-7462