HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN- ICU in Sanford, Florida
Central Florida Regional Hospital has been designated as Level II trauma facility, the first in the area!
The/Registered Nurse for ICU/ is responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured, or infirm; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health, and prevention of illness of others. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments. This position requires proficiency with EKG rhythm interpretation and Hemodynamics monitoring. Competency with ventilator management and IABP. OurCritical Care Departmentfeatures a 12-bed CVICU, 8-bed ICU and 8-bed Neuroscience ICU.
Desired skills:1- 3 previous RN critical care experience required. CCRN and recent ICU experience strongly preferred. NIHSS stroke certification and PALS required.
Central Florida Regional Hospital utilizes complete computerized charting (Meditech) for patient assessment and care documentation, and eMAR to electronically record medication administration for the delivery of all medications provided to their patients.
Central Florida Regional Hospital is located onLake Monroe, conveniently connected by I-4 and SR 415, and offers many opportunities for families, such as the nearbyCentral Florida Zoological Park And Botanical Gardens, andDowntown Sanfordwith its shops and historic buildings, and in close proximity to Orlando’s world famous attractions!
- Nursing Diploma or ASN; BSN preferred.
- Previous experience in an acute care setting strongly preferred.
- Current Florida State Registered Nurse license.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider (BLS/ACLS certification).
- Current PALS certification.
- Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills. This role will work full time hours 7:00am to 7:00pm with alternating weekends.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: RN- ICU
Location: Florida-Sanford-Central Florida Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 00327-7238