Eaton Corporation Supplier Quality Engineer in Santa Rosa Jauregui, Mexico
• Leads and conducts Supplier Assessments to qualify potential new suppliers or evaluate existing suppliers. Works with the Supply Chain organization to develop new suppliers capable of meeting Eaton Standards.
• Reviews supplier PPAP submissions including control plans and assists with control plan creation where necessary. Ensures all appropriate Significant Characteristics are included, that reaction plans are adequate and customer approval is obtained where necessary.
• Assists suppliers with statistical analysis and process capability (Cpk, Ppk) where necessary to improve performance or product quality.
• Works with suppliers to initiate and close Corrective Actions and to ensure that root causes have been properly identified and eliminated.
• Develops and implement various Eaton Quality Management Systems supplier quality standards related to new products, supplier development, change management and performance assessment.
• Responsible for DMR submission in any Quality, Logistic, Cost , Service supplier related issues as well as verification of permanent corrective actions.
• Insure all documentation evidence is uploaded on Q-pulse system or any other Eaton system required.
• Responsible for Southaven Supplier Quality performance improvements. Including all necessary containments and corrective actions verifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or Technical Discipline.
• 1 - 3 years of work in a manufacturing environment..
• Minimum 3 year of work in a Supplier Quality Engineering/ Quality related role.
• Experience with either Eaton EQS or Automotive Quality Standards
• Excellent teamwork and communications with suppliers, supply chain, operations and engineering.
• Ability to travel 25- 40% primarily within Americas.
• English as a second language 90%
• Formal training in problem solving.
• ISO-9001:2015 basic knowledge
• Strong skills on planning strategy development.
• Experience working with suppliers.
• CQE or CQA certifications from ASQ.
• Experience either managing or supporting ISO 9001 or TS16949 Quality Management systems.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.