HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse - RN - ICU - PT Nights in Sarasota, Florida
Are you looking for a rewarding career as a Registered Nurse? Become part of an awarding team of Registered Nurse’s here in the ICU department at Doctor’s Hospital of Sarasota. Doctor's Hospital of Sarasota is currently seeking a Registered Nurse for ICU department. We have a dynamic team of Registered Nurse’s on staff and we are currently looking to add an additional Registered Nurse to the team. Our team of Registered Nurse’s take pride in nursing. Did you know that Doctor's Hospital of Sarasota has been named in Modern Healthcare as a Top 100 Places to Work? Become part of our team of Registered Nurse’s today.
Founded in 1967, Doctors Hospital of Sarasota is a 155-bed facility located in the heart of Sarasota County, Florida. Doctors Hospital of Sarasota (DHoS) is part of the HCA North/West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in North, West and Central Florida & Georgia communities. Our parent company, HCA, is the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services.
In addition to being named among the Top 100 in the nation by Thomson Reuters, Doctors Hospital received the Everest Award for being both a 100 Top Hospital current performance winner and one of the 100 most improved hospitals on their five-year trend performance. DHoS has also been repeatedly named among the Top 101 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs by Becker’s Hospital Review.
At DHoS, we utilize complete computerized charting (“Electronic Health Record”) for our patient assessment and care documentation. We also utilize eMAR, our electronic medication administration record for the delivery of all medications provided to our patients, which has significantly reduced errors associated when administering medications. In 2013, Doctors Hospital implemented our CPOE (Computerized Physician Order Entry) application called “Advanced Clinical's”.
OurIntensive Care Unit (ICU)is a 16-bed unit, offering exceptional care for the patients we serve. Our Registered Nurse take pride in nursing.
- Skill Mix: Registered Nurse, RN, Unit Secretary
- Major Equipment Used: IV pumps, Dinamaps, Dopplers, SCD machines, Feeding pumps, CRRT, PACS, Accucheck machines, Standard Critical Care Equipment including Ventilators, BIPAP, Balloon Pumps
- ICU hosts a variety of patient acuities/diagnoses including: Medical, Surgical, Cardiac, Neuro, Pulmonary, and Pre/Post Cardiac Cath Lab (Diagnostic and PCI cases).
- Special Certifications Needed: BLS and ACLS through the American Heart Association; National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification required – available online athttp://www.strokeassociation.org/.
- Special Competencies/Skills Needed: Prior critical care nursing experience desired; prior formal critical care internship program preferred; prior telemetry training/experience preferred with ability to demonstrate proficiency in rhythm interpretation
- Schedules: 12-hour shifts (0700-1930, 1900-0730); Full Time is considered 36 hours per week, including every other weekend; overtime available, but not mandatory; Self-scheduling is available
- Dress code: Professional scrubs (individual provides their own)
- Lifting equipment available: Opera, Encore, Maxislides, Z-slides
- For further services provided at DHoS, please visit our main hospital website athttp://www.doctorsofsarasota.com/and click on the “Services” link.
At HCA North, West, Central Florida’s and Georgia’s 33 hospitals we're not just caregivers, we're devoted to caring. Located on the entire Gulf Coast of Florida, in Orlando and Georgia, we're on a journey to reach new heights in service excellence for our patients. As an integral part of the nation’s largest healthcare system with more than 30,000 healthcare professionals on our team, we foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow while experiencing the latest technology, enthusiastic coworkers and great benefits all in an upscale resort-like community.
Make excellence your goal by joining Doctors Hospital of Sarasota. To learn more and to apply, go towww.DoctorsofSarasota.com.
- Current licensure as an RN in the State of Florida.
- Current certifications as a BLS Healthcare Provider through the American Heart Association is required upon hire (ACLS preferred, required within 6 months of hire).
- National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification required (available online atwww.strokeassociation.org).
- Current acute care ICU experience desired. Completion of a prior formal Critical Care training course desired.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse - RN - ICU - PT Nights
Location: Florida-Sarasota-Doctors Hospital - Sarasota
Requisition ID: 01147-3869