HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse - RN - Wound Care - FT Days in Sarasota, Florida
We have a dynamic team of Registered Nurse’s on staff and we are currently looking to add an additional Registered Nurse to the team. Our team of Registered Nurse’s take pride in nursing. Did you know that Doctor's Hospital of Sarasota has been named in Modern Healthcare as a Top 100 Places to Work? Become part of our team of Registered Nurse’s today.
Founded in 1967, Doctors Hospital of Sarasota is a 155-bed facility located in the heart of Sarasota County, Florida. Doctors Hospital of Sarasota (DHoS) is part of the HCA North/West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in North, West and Central Florida & Georgia communities. Our parent company, HCA, is the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services.
In addition to being named among the Top 100 in the nation by Thomson Reuters, Doctors Hospital received the Everest Award for being both a 100 Top Hospital current performance winner and one of the 100 most improved hospitals on their five-year trend performance. DHoS has also been repeatedly named among the Top 101 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs by Becker’s Hospital Review.
At DHoS, we utilize complete computerized charting (“Electronic Health Record”) for our patient assessment and care documentation. We also utilize eMAR, our electronic medication administration record for the delivery of all medications provided to our patients, which has significantly reduced errors associated when administering medications. In 2013, Doctors Hospital implemented our CPOE (Computerized Physician Order Entry) application called “Advanced Clinicals”.
OurWound Care Center,consisting of 5 rooms and 2 hyperbaric chambers, is located on our campus in the office plaza just next to our main hospital building. The Wound Care Center offers Monday-Friday hours for our patients with a Saturday hours as needed for specialized Hyperbaric Therapy. Same Day appointments and Walk-ins are welcome.
- Skill Mix: Full Time and Per Diem/PRN RNs (both in the Wound Care Center and additionally one In-Patient Wound Care RN), Hyperbaric Technicians
- Average number of patients/treatments: 200-250/month
- Products and Procedures: Hyperbaric oxygen therapy, surgical debridement, Biologic Skin Substitute (Apligraf, Dermagraft, Oasis), Split thickness skin Graft (Dermatome), Vac Therapy, compression dressings, Nutritional Assessments and Education.
- Types of wounds treated: Ulcers (stasis, diabetic, ischemic, pressure), infected wounds, insect bites, burns, traumatic injuries, soft tissue radionecrosis, skin grafts, amputations, non-healing surgical wounds, and any chronic non-healing wounds.
- Special Certifications Needed: BLS through the American Heart Association; national certification in Wound Care preferred for RNs (CWOCN, WCC); Certification for Hyperbaric Technicians (40 hours of ATMO Hyperbaric Medicine Training)
- Schedules: 8-hour shifts (Mon-Friday, no weekends/no holidays)
- Dress code: Professional scrubs (individual provides their own)
- Further information regarding the Wound Care Center at DHoS is available at:http://doctorsofsarasota.com/our-services/wound-care.dot.
At HCA North, West, Central Florida’s and Georgia’s 33 hospitals we’re not just caregivers, we’re devoted to caring. Located on the entire Gulf Coast of Florida, in Orlando and Georgia, we’re on a journey to reach new heights in service excellence for our patients. As an integral part of the nation’s largest healthcare system with more than 30,000 healthcare professionals on our team, we foster an environment where you will be supported, valued and encouraged to grow while experiencing the latest technology, enthusiastic coworkers and great benefits all in an upscale resort-like community.
Make excellence your goal by joining Doctors Hospital of Sarasota. To learn more and to apply, go towww.DoctorsofSarasota.com.
- Current licensure as an RN in Florida.
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Prior Wound Care (wound care center or in-patient setting) experience desired.
- Patient Care Computerized Documentation System experience preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse - RN - Wound Care - FT Days
Location: Florida-Sarasota-Doctors Hospital - Sarasota
Requisition ID: 01147-4020