HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Exercise Physiologist in Savannah, Georgia
Memorial Health University Medical Center (MHUMC) is a nonprofit, 612-bed hospital in Savannah, Georgia. We opened our doors in 1955 and have evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region. We are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies, and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level 1 trauma center, the region's only children's hospital, and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine.
Memorial Health University Medical Center has earned local, regional, and national honors. At MHUMC, we are not content with business as usual. Our goal is to create a new standard for excellence that will not only serve our current patients, but also change the future of medicine.
We are searching for an Exercise Physiologist for a PRN, per diem, position.
*Essential Duties: *
- Provides supervision of stress testing for low-moderate risk cardiac patients. Monitors patient for normal and abnormal responses to different levels of exercise. Promptly recognizes and treats complications of stress testing.Assists physicians and nurses with emergency situations within scope of care. Establishes an exercise plan for caridiopulmonary rehab patients including frequency, duration, mode, intensity and progression. Adjusts patients exercise plan in accordance with patient status, abilities and physcial direction.
- Supervises cardiology technicians during cardiac stress testing (treadmill and thallium).
- Prepares reports and enters data in the MAX-1 stress system
- Appropriately identifies indications and contraindications for exercise testing. Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac arrhythmias and the ability to recognize and respond to serious arrhythmias.
- Educates patients, family and community regarding home exercise program and the use of home exercise equipment. Communicates effectively (written/verbal) with patients, physicians and other internal and external customers. Demonstrates professional behavior with a focus on Patient and Family Centered Care.
- Performs other related responsibilities as requested
Education, License and Certification Requirements:
Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology or equivalent
BCLS and ACLS
Familiarity with exercise equipment. Good physical and mental health, manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity and ability to move quickly.
Education, License and Certification Preferred:
- 2 years’ experience in exercise testing
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Exercise Physiologist
Location: Georgia-Savannah-Memorial Health UMC Savannah
Requisition ID: 26960-6718