Hilton Barista - DoubleTree Seattle Airport in Seattle, Washington
A Barista is responsible for greeting and taking guests orders for beverages and/or food in a friendly, courteous, professional and timely manner to ensure total guest satisfaction. Upsells additional items to enhance profitability. Enters orders into a computerized system and settles check(s) upon completion of order.
What will I be doing?
A Barista is responsible for greeting and taking guests orders for beverages and/or food in a friendly, courteous, professional and timely manner to ensure total guest satisfaction. Upsells additional items to enhance profitability. Enters orders into a computerized system and settles check(s) upon completion of order. Specifically, you would be responsible for the following:
- Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes and documents orders. Makes and/or presents drinks using standard ingredient(s)/recipes and practicing prudent portion control.
- Inputs orders into a register at the point of sale and creates a check for each guest, maintaining accountability for all beverages served.
- Receives cash from guests, makes any change needed, verifies validity of charges, records charges, and insures vouchers are properly executed, in order to balance all transactions.
- Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the coffee bar on a daily basis. This includes requisitioning, stocking and rotating all products needed.
- Respond to guest complains in a positive and tactful manner, negotiate a compromise and implement solution.
- Locks up and stores all beverages, food and other equipment items, deposits cash drops, secures and balance bank and sign out/in keys.
What are we looking for?
High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
Guest relations/service experience preferred
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Food Service Sanitation certification. CPR/1st Aid certification preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes.
- Basic English language writing skills necessary for completion of requisitions, balance sheets and vouchers.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reaches overhead to retrieve stock.
- Ability to read, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check.
- Ability to work and stand in a confined space for long periods of time.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Bars and Restaurants
Title: Barista - DoubleTree Seattle Airport
Requisition ID: HOT04YZV