Hilton Cook (Banquet-focused) - Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown Pioneer Square in Seattle, Washington
Make Future History with us at the brand new Embassy Suites Seattle Downtown Pioneer Square!
We have a unique opportunity for a culinary professional skilled in banquets or catering. This position requires a flexible, open schedule and previous work experience in a fast-paced kitchen. Experience cooking for banquets/catering functions is required.
This position offers a great starting pay rate and benefits including:
- Travel Program with 30 room nights per year for you plus 30 for your friends/family
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan
What will I be doing?
A Cook is responsible for maintaining and setting up food production station and quality control of all meat, fish, fowl, sauces, stocks, seasonings and all other food items prepared on the hot line. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Cooks, ensures all meals for restaurants are suitable for consumption according to standard recipes to ensure consistency of product to the guest. Visually inspects, selects and uses all food items of the highest quality in the preparation of all menu items.
- Keeps adequate supply of all prepared products on hand and ensures proper storage of all food products and portion control, eg., especially high cost items.
- Keeps spoilage/waste to a minimum by utilizing proper quantities and rotating products.
- Keeps all refrigeration, storage, and working areas in clean, working condition to comply with health department regulations.
- Organizes and transfers food items into lexans as needed, label and date for proper use and identification.
- Turns on/off all kitchen equipment, such as stoves, ovens, grills, broilers, heat lamps, steamers, fryers, etc. and ensures all is in proper working condition.
What are we looking for?
High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Culinary education or apprenticeship program completion helpful.
- At least two years cooking experience required.
- Must have previous work experience in banquets/catering.
- Hotel experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain Washington State Food Handler's Card.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, ect.
- Ability to write read and understand English in order to complete order requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other employees.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, ect.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Cook (Banquet-focused) - Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown Pioneer Square
Requisition ID: HOT052WO