Comcast Dedicated Support Engineer in Seattle, Washington
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Dedicated Support Engineer position is responsible for contributing in project teams, troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, new product implementation, implementing existing products and services, and the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of engineering. Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedures. Works with little guidance in own area of knowledge.
The purpose of Comcast Technology Solution (CTS) is to be the most valued partner to those leading the future of media and technology. Leveraging the most complete portfolio of capabilities, unmatched expertise and Comcast's unrivaled infrastructure, we help customers thrive in a rapidly evolving multi-platform world by powering extraordinary experiences to every screen. If you share a passion for contributing your talents to empowered teams, possess an entrepreneurial spirit and are driven by imagination and possibilities, we want to develop and grow your career at CTS.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair all but the most complex issues.
- Leads technical outage bridges and engages appropriate resources to drive issues to closure.
- Tracks and reports operational workflows; maintains records of results and feedback.
- Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem areas, and provides actionable insight.
- Acts as a technical resource in projects and initiatives and ensures successful project implementation.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) for customer workflow to analyze problems in design, configuration, data flow, and data state within a highly complex multi-product provisioning system.
- Analyses problems in design, configuration, data flow, and data state within a highly complex multi-product provisioning system.
- Interface with third party vendors to coordinate support process and escalations.
- Utilizing knowledge of Linux, HTTP protocol, RESTful web services, and client/server interactions to troubleshoot issues and drive resolutions.
- Provides training and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Ability to prioritize, collaborate, and communicate with teammates and external clients.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Be a part of a 24/7 on-call rotation to cover critical client escalations and events.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, or a related technical field.
- Minimum two (2) year of customer facing experience
- Preferred experience with ServiceNow, Jira, Rundeck, Zenoss, Splunk, Perforce, Charles, Chef, Sensu, or Grafana.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer