Sinclair Broadcast Group Digital Content Producer in Seattle, Washington
KOMO-TV and KOMONews.com are seeking a dynamic, can do digital content producer who can create compelling, engaging online content that can help drive key performance metrics while growing our digital audience.
- Clean, clear writing and a mastery of AP Style.
- Ability to learn master proprietary content management systems in order to post/update digital content.
- Still photography and basic photo editing.
- Videography and basic editing.
- Creating/writing post for sharing on social media platforms.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work amid distraction.
- Able to communicate and work well with a team while also being able to work independently and with minimal direction when necessary.
- Ability to interpret a wide variety of sources, including but not limited to press releases, social media posts, government statements and court rulings, and be able to seamlessly report/post online news content/stories from that source.
- Flexible schedule, including working weekends
- College degree required
- Three years (minimum) writing for news organizations required.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced newsroom, juggling push alerts, live video, writing and added elements to stories while being able to conceive/implement posts for social media – all while communicating with web and TV reporters/producers/Assignment Desk.
- Post breaking news stories and video to digital platforms with accuracy and speed.
- Review wires, feeds, news partners (CNN and ABC News) other news sources, social media and the internet for content to round out local, regional and national coverage on site.
- Be able to quickly and accurately communicate with TV and Web managers about digital issues/trends/developments.
- Identify stories/content/video that can drive engagement and audience growth across KOMO’s digital platforms.
- Compile, edit, write news stories from a variety of sources -- including but not limited to KOMO-TV, the wet, social media, wire services and press releases – with an emphasis on delivering breaking news quickly and accurately.
- Enterprise, report and write local news stories that have clear, compelling headlines.
- Work with editors, reporters, producers and managers across all KOMO platforms to quickly post information while looking for video that can be uploaded and posted to KOMO digital platforms.
- Brainstorm, research and create web extras to accompany news stories.
- Produce multi-faceted online stories giving consideration to relevant related text, video, images, audio and external links.
Maintain the highest journalistic standards.
- Must learn and demonstrate quick mastery of push alerts in order to disseminate KOMONews.com to digital users.
- Manage and support existing daily online newsletters while thinking strategically about new newsletters that can grow user base and increase site traffic to KOMONews.com.
- Able to learn and teaches new tools to tell a story.
- Reviews and maintains all sections of the site and makes periodic recommendations for improving site appearance and content.
- Suggests new approaches to covering stories and presenting information for digital formats.
- Searches for new and better ways to promote KOMONews.com content, especially sections targeted for growth.
- Be an idea generator for content that can driver engagement to digital from on-air and back.
- Be an evangelist for KOMO’s digital platforms within and outside the station in order to stoke interest in our digital platforms.