KeyBank Financial Wellness Consultant Banker- Upper Queen Anne in Seattle, Washington
Financial Wellness Consultant Banker- Upper Queen AnneinSeattle, WAatKey Bank- Branch
Date Posted: 11/6/2018
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: 2105 Queen Anne Avenue North Seattle, WA
Job Type: Banking Retail
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 11/6/2018
ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF):
At Key, we have the opportunity to bring ease, value, and expertise to our clients by helping them have confidence and the peace of mind to dream big thanks to a complete understanding of their financial wellness. As a Financial Wellness Consultant, you will work as part of the branch team to attract new clients to Key with our industry leading Financial Wellness approach and work with existing clients to fill gaps in their current Financial Wellness situation, leading to client confidence in their finances. To meet client Financial Wellness needs, the Financial Wellness Consultant may complete client service transactions, introduce new products and services, manage accounts, solve complex client issues, and make appropriate referrals to the Branch Manager, Investment Services, Mortgage, Business Banking, and Private Banking based on clients unique needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Consistently executes Financial Wellness conversations aligned with Key s Branch Playbook and the HelloWallet tool while delivering distinctive service and a great client experience
• Shows proactive client focus with preset appointments and quality Financial Wellness Review conversations leading to recommendations that support clients Financial Wellness goals, leveraging system generated lead lists, walk ins, and professional contacts
• Provides financial solutions to clients to help clients achieve their goals through broad knowledge of products and services. Solutions could involve: payments, deposit, loan and investment products (with appropriate licensing)
• Supports the branch in growing clients Financial Wellness Scores resulting in branch profitability
• Completes client service transactions, identifying opportunities during the transaction to deepen and expand the client relationship
• Helps clients understand all channels available to service them, including digital and mobile options
• Develops strong partnerships with Operations Leaders, Financial Advisors, Mortgage Advisors, Small Business colleagues and other line of business partners focusing on client acquisition and deepening the relationship of current clients; effectively manages internal and external Centers of Influence (COIs)
• Identifies and resolves complex client service opportunities
• Participates in and occasionally facilitates daily branch huddles
• Participates in special projects, campaigns and assignments as requested
• Assists with coaching and training other branch professionals as needed
Risk Management (Review for all Branch roles)
• Ensures compliance with operational, security and audit procedures and policies including appropriate documentation of client interactions
• Adhere to all applicable policies and procedures
• Act professionally at all times, conduct business ethically, avoid conflicts of interest and act in the best interest of our clients and Key
• Meet set expectations around team, accountability, and performance goals while maintaining strict adherence to risk and operational policies
• Passion for Financial Wellness
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience
• 1 year of experience in developing current and new customer relationships, achieving sales goals and building referral sources- through techniques such as tele-consulting, outside calling, prospecting and networking
• Demonstrated experience with business partner collaboration, as this role partners with individuals such as Key Investment Services, Mortgage and Business Banking sales professionals based on client need
• Demonstrated strong customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
• Working knowledge of PC (MS Windows and Office Products including Word, Excel, etc.)
• Working knowledge of digital technology (mobile, apps, web-based browsing) and ability to educate clients on digital platforms and capabilities within Key
• Ability to work branch hours to include weekends and occasional evenings
• Must have access to reliable transportation to facilitate travel outside of the branches, including outside sales calls
• Physical Requirements: Frequent mobility (5-8 hours) in an office setting, ability to communicate face to face and on the phone with clients, frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp objects, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent lifting of 1 – 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
Note: Employees in this position are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act). Employees hired or transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification requirements, in Key's sole discretion, under Reg. Z, prior to acting as a loan originator in a consumer credit transaction secured by a dwelling. Qualification requirements include but are not limited to an assessment of overall financial responsibility, character, and general fitness through review of a criminal background check, credit report, and information about any administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government jurisdiction.
• Undergraduate degree in business related field
• Sales experience in banking, financial, or insurance industry
• Possesses a general understanding of operations (risk, compliance, fraud, loss)
• Cash handling experience
• Working knowledge of Branch Teller Workstation
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Community Bank serves individuals and small to midsized businesses from Maine to Alaska through our 15-state network of over 1,200 branches, 1,500 ATMs, telephone banking and robust online and mobile platforms. KeyBank s Consumer/Business Banking segment provides consumers and small business owners with straightforward banking solutions and personal finance expertise that helps them make confident financial decisions today and plan for tomorrow. Key Private Bank offers wealth planning that follows a consistent, disciplined approach guided by objective advice based on each unique situation. KeyBank Commercial Bank offers midsize business financial services that drive growth and profitability and help business owners identify new opportunities with products and services including deposit, cash management, investment services, commercial lending, equipment leasing, and asset-based lending.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.