Sinclair Broadcast Group Recruiting Coordinator in Seattle, Washington
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Recruiting Coordinator to work in a growing tech organization—Sinclair Digital. We create world-class media solutions that serve our audience with relevant and compelling news, entertainment, and sports content. Our products power 170 news sites, the Tennis Channel, Comet TV, 70 News Apps, and more, all with purpose—to serve our communities with thought-provoking content.
The Recruiting Coordinator is an integral partner in managing recruiting activities and building positive relationships with candidates, external recruiting firms, and hiring managers. The Recruiting Coordinator is involved in every stage of the hiring process and ensures it all runs as smoothly as possible. Ideally, your strengths are prioritizing, working efficiently, attention to detail, and effective communication. You also have the readiness to shift gears at a moment’s notice and enjoy the challenges of helping to build a great organization of talented individuals. We are looking for someone who wants to broaden their experience, join a collaborative team, and make a positive impact in a unique product engineering organization.
- Provide the best possible candidate experience.
- Master the applicant tracking system and current processes.
- Maintain applicant tracking system by posting, monitoring, and closing job requisitions, and updating candidate statuses throughout the selection process.
- Become proficient in company processes policies, and best practices relating to hiring, offer approvals, pre-employment, etc.
- Assist with the development and improvement of workflows, templates, candidate experiences, tracking/reporting, and brand awareness.
- Assist in creating and editing job descriptions.
- Assist in the scheduling and preparation of candidate interviews and testing by sending confirmations or itineraries, coordinating travel arrangements (when necessary,) managing interview day logistics (e.g. security,).
- Help create recruiting status reports.
- Assist in developing and facilitating trainings for hiring managers and team members relating to compliance, best practices, interviewing skills, etc.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Coordinate and participate in recruiting events.
- Support the on-boarding process and new hire orientation as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- 1-2 years of recruiting coordinator or similar coordination experience
- BA/BS degree, ideally in human resources, psychology, business or another related field of study
- Experience working with a technology company or team preferred
- Prior experience working with an applicant tracking system
- Team player and solid work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Flexible, able to change direction quickly
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and in dealing with ambiguity
- Solid sense of accountability and acute personal judgment
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information and escalate issues when appropriate
- Exceptional customer service
- Superb attention to detail, organizational skills, and effective time management skills
- Action-oriented with a drive to take initiative to solve problems
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building abilities
- History of implementing new processes/tools/documentation preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.