Sinclair Broadcast Group Senior Director of Developer Productivity Engineering in Seattle, Washington
This person will be responsible for aiding career development, motivating and monitoring engineers, working with engineering leaders to evaluate an engineer’s performance, provide coaching, and create a culture of excellence. We need someone with a great understanding of teams and process who will be accountable for the engineering team’s performance and quality. You will also manage the recruitment, selection, and retention of the team as we continue to grow and scale.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Recruiting, managing, and maintaining a world-class engineering team
- Responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects related to internal developer tools
- Collaborating with technical leaders and contributing to the overall architecture, design, and development of core projects related to developer tools
- Managing software project schedules using various life cycle approaches (we are an Agile shop) and related methodologies using a variety of tools
- Building and developing tools and processes to continuously improve engineering velocity
- Supporting the professional goals and development opportunities for the entire team
- Boosting communication and facilitating ongoing continuous feedback loops between engineers and the engineering leads
- Providing coaching and counseling via mentoring, one-on-one meetings, etc.
- Monitoring and reviewing each engineer's progress related to development goals and KPIs
- Organizing regular performance appraisals
- Planning and executing relevant training for the engineering teams
What We’ll Expect from You:
- Direct experience with managing, coaching, and mentoring software engineers and engineering teams
- Passion for developer productivity and experience automating engineering pain points
- Proven expertise in managing projects throughout the entire SDLC, delivering internal tools and services on schedule, and ensuring feedback loops occur from customers to development
- Strong customer focus
- Experience introducing and growing an agile environment with short cycles
- Good cross-disciplinary collaboration experience between engineering, technical operations, design, and product
- Solid knowledge of end-to-end quality best practices
- Experience with staffing, interviewing and team building
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-up
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.