Sinclair Broadcast Group Software Development Engineer – Data in Seattle, Washington
We are seeking a hardworking Software Development Engineer with an obsession for data, to join our fast-paced Sinclair Digital organization. At Sinclair Digital, data is essential for all our decision-making needs whether its related to product design, measuring new feature effectiveness, or helping our internal teams increase observability. Data can give us keen insights on how we can improve our services for our teams, users, and partners. The ideal candidate will be customer focused with empathy, have a passion to effectively problem solving, showcase strong software development skills and understand modern approaches to data and analytics.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Collaborate and implement the architecture of our next generation Data Platform on the Google Cloud Platform
- Develop and maintain data pipelines which will be a combination of both batch and real-time
- Engage with stakeholders to ensure data collection is appropriate for measuring product and feature success
- Collaborate closely with other team members to interpret data and answer business questions
- Conduct in-depth analyses on specific areas of interest
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering around data solutions
- Experience programming with an Object-Oriented Language such as Java
- Experience programming in Python, Big Query, Airflow, Cloud Data Flow, Cloud Pub/Sub, Kafka, Kubernetes, App Engine, Lambda/Cloud Functions
- Experience with data requirements gathering
- A familiarity with a modern cloud data platform and deploying services to them
- An ability to pull data from a variety of sources; typical sources include telemetry data from internal products, 3rd party APIs, SQL-based data warehouses and spreadsheets
- Experience with Terraform and modern approaches to building Data Platforms on the cloud
- Skilled in providing technical leadership for project and team through design and code reviews, ensuring best software development practices are applied
- Expertise on evaluating data collection for accuracy
- Experience processing data in both batch and in real time
- Knowledge on building and maintaining APIs
- Demonstrated understanding on algorithmic concepts from at least one information-centric discipline (e.g. statistics, machine learning, information processing, natural language processing, etc.)
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with Agile Development Methodologies
- Well-versed using data visualization tools (e.g. Google Data Studio, Looker, Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Google Cloud Certification - Certified GCP Big Data Specialty
- Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Ad Manager
- Tagging best practices
- New Relic
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.