Occidental Petroleum WSM Tech in Seminole, Texas
Title: WSM Tech Location: United States-Texas-Seminole Other Locations:
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of WSM Tech within our Permian EOR Operations Support WS Data department, located in Seminole Gaines, Texas.
Overall coordination of accurate data entry for all well downhole activities into Oxy Well Maintenance data base. Responsibilities include monitoring well daily information for data input, working closely with the Well Service Team and Well Surveillance Team to optimize, correct and enter data timely to ensure maximum efficiency and cost effective performance. Other areas of focus include working with contract data entry clerks to ensure timely and quality data flow, creating and maintaining data reports to assist Business Unit of possible opportunities to help reduce failure frequency.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Coordination of data entry for downhole activities
• Collect and manipulate data for RCFA meetings and enter failure information
• Correct daily cost and events entered from WellScribe as reported by WOCS
• Update wellbore configurations after jobs are complete
• Coordinate contract WSM Tech positions for optimal data flow
• Organize and assign work to team members as needed
• Interact with Well Servicing Team and Well Surveillance Team to ensure maximum efficiency and cost effective performance
• Capture and enter Rigless work into WSM
• Run reports for data quality control and ensure data accuracy
• Provide vendor support for POET coding
• Identify and report software issues
High School/GED Diploma or equivalent working experience.
Familiarity with well tracking tools (WSM).
Basic Knowledge of PC, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access.
Minimum 2 years of applicable industry experience.
Skills & Competencies:
• Effective team player who takes an active role in team responsibilities.
• Strong time management skills.
• Ability to work with minimum of supervision.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks.
• Critical thinking skills
• Approachable and easy to talk to others