IBM Applications Engineer in SHANGHAI, China
The Software as a Service (SaaS) Application Engineer will apply a broad base of technical knowledge and problem solving skills to manage the applications, middleware, databases, and operating environment of IBM’s Tealeaf SaaS application offerings. The Engineer will be a part of a team responsible for day-to-day operation of various SaaS delivery environments, as well as ongoing initiatives to ensure demonstrated levels of reliability, scalability, and quality of service. The Engineer should be familiar with software development and deployment processes, relational databases, Unix/AIX/Linux systems, and have some scripting or programming experience. The Engineer should be comfortable working with and around a wide range of platforms, programming languages, protocols, and web technologies to achieve maximum levels of operational efficiency and quality of service to clients.
We are seeking candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems. Candidates with Bachelor’s degrees in other disciplines and relevant work experience may be considered.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Day-to-day monitoring of the Production service delivery environment to ensure all services and applications are operating optimally and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met.
· Identify optimization opportunities and solve problems affecting service delivery across all deployed applications, shared services, middle-ware, and databases/data stores.
· Operate and maintain systems supporting the provisioning of new clients, applications, and features.
· Participate in the software design and development process to ensure maximum operational efficiency within Tealeaf SaaS’ design and architecture of services.
· Software deployment and configuration management in both Production-Quality Assurance and Production environments.
· Provide service delivery context and consultation for initiatives owned by Network Infrastructure, Systems and Storage teams.
· Develop tools and utilities in support of the Operations organization and SaaS Service Delivery.
· Level 2/3 support for client-initiated issues.
We are looking for someone who has:
· Problem solving skills.
· Work ethic and effective communication skills, both written and oral.
· Ability to work effectively in a driven, collaborative team environment.
· Ability to work effectively alongside both software engineers and client-facing technical and business support staff.
· Willingness to adhere to and analyze standards/procedures for workflow and change management.
· Ability to work successfully alongside personnel from other departments, both technical and non-technical, when executing daily responsibilities, and as a contributor to cross-functional projects of broad scope.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 24 months experience in relational databases and SQL
At least 36 months experience in Unix/AIX/Linux environments
At least 24 months experience in developing, deploying, maintaining, or otherwise operating software
At least 24 months experience in basic scripting and programming experience
Knowledge on Softlayer platform and UrbanCode deploy
Knowledge on Docker and ansible
Knowledge on Elasearch, Kafka, mongodb and XXXX
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.