Arrow Electronics Business Controller, Central & North in Shanghai, China
Position: Business Controller, Central & North
Lead due diligence efforts related to mergers/acquisitions, define and manage consolidations as well as all finance related processes; coordinate information exchange and monitor conversion testing. Review specific merger related accounting tasks in order to ensure purchase transactions/entities are properly accounted for. Oversee the research of complex GAAP issues escalated from Managers and staff; provide direction on technical accounting matters. Provide guidance and support to all levels of management in ECS and NAC businesses. Directs the installation and maintenance of new accounting and other related procedures and controls.
● Participates in the preparation of various financial statements and reports. Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting. Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
● Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 legislation as well as corporate and regional policies and procedures. Ensure the accuracy of the balance sheet and P&L for all North American businesses and meet all accounting and reporting deadlines. Directs internal audits and SOX audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls
● Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems
● Design, pilot, implement new operational and financial models for key supplier and customer initiatives. Directs and participates in cost analyses and rate studies.
● Provides leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff
● Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related units
● Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities
● Controls resources and policy formation in area of responsibility
● Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives
● Looks beyond existing methodologies and own discipline to define and resolve complex problems
● Develops plans and delivers results in fast-changing businesses and/or regulatory environments
● Provides input to functional or departmental strategy
● Manages large, potentially diverse teams of managers and/or senior professionals
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 15 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 12 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.
Time Type: Full time
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. As a Fortune 113 company with more than 20,100 employees, serving over 80 countries, and 2018 sales of nearly $30 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.
- Arrow Electronics Jobs