Hilton Implementation Specialist, Global Implemention & Change Management in Shanghai, China
The primary purpose of this role is to provide expertise, guidance and training to hotel management and team members during the implementation of Hilton Worldwide’s Sales, Revenue, Property Management and other hotel systems.
What will I be doing?
The Implementation Specialist is responsible for the onsite management and delivery of a detailed implementation plan inclduing tasks such as classroom training, change management delivery, system configuration and live support, to ensure that the system implementation delivers the intended business benefits and causes minimal disruption to the operation in each property and is carried out to the highest satisfaction of internal and external clients.
Property Management Systems account for the majority of implementations however, the implementation specialist may also be required to install Sales, Revenue and other systems following a detailed implementation plan at properties across the entire range of Hilton Brands globally.. This may include system upgrades across the entire portfolio of properties or other third party system installations at certain brands or properties.
In addition to on-site activities, there will be a number off-site/remote activites that need to be undertaken including project preparation tasks.
Training and Configuration Activities 75%
- To actively support hotel team members through the change management process minimizing resistance to change and ensuring full adoption and understanding
- To conduct classroom training for hotel team members using presentations, handouts and practical exercises. (Typical audience size of between 2 – 15 hotel team members)
- To ensure Hilton Worldwide’s Standard Operating Procedures and specific country requirements are trained correctly.
- To ensure minimum disruption to the business and continuity of commercial and guest experience during the implementation.
- To manage the preparation tasks for the training, configuration and go live, following the detailed implementation plan and documentation provided.
- To provide system live support to the hotel’s team members in the relevant departments.
- To carry out the local system configuration (i.e. database set up), ensure connectivity to external systems (i.e. Point of Sale system, Telephone/Internet third party system, Hilton back office systems) and work with third party system vendors to complete testing.
- To carry out troubleshooting when required and work with system support teams to resolve issues in a timely manner
Planning, Organizing and Communication Activities 25%
- Act as the Lead Implementation Specialist when required, including being the point of contact for hotel General Manager and team
- To maintain daily communication with hotel General Manager and relevant team members ensuring that they have all relevant information pertaining to the implementation
- Communicate all evident issues and risks to the Senior Implementation Specialist and/or Implementation Project Manager as soon as they arise.
- Organize and facilitate all onsite meetings with the key hotel team members as outlined in the implementation plan.
- Review and finalize all hotel specific system configuration documents
- Liaise with Implementation Project Manager on a daily basis to identify, capture and mitigate potential project risks
- Produce, maintain and manage change management and live support schedules
- Ensure successful handover to support after go live
- Act as a point of contact for the hotel team members after go-live to assist with operational questions and resolution of open issues
- Manage own development plan and keep abreast with system enhancements or updates and changes in business processes.
- To actively manage and control travel cost and expenses
What are we looking for?
Hotel experience of three or more years in an operational environment in a department such as Revenue (including centralized revenue centre), Front Office, Finance, Sales and Events or similar
- Must have day to day experience in Sales, Revenue and Property Management processes and systems
- Proficiency in the following: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel), MS PowerPoint
- Proficient in oral and written English and Mandarin
- OnQ or Opera PMS experience
- Strongly preferred work experience within a hotel revenue/reservations office
- Preferred work experience within hotel Front office or Finance departments.
- Knowledge of information technology (i.e. basic SQL, system configuration, hotel networks) is a strong advantage
- Additional Language knowledge (please specify in application)
- Training and coaching skills demonstrated in a group or one to one environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- High school/GED
- 3-5 Years of related experience
- 2 Years of management or supervisory experience
- Travel 90% of time
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Information Technology/Systems
Title: Implementation Specialist, Global Implemention & Change Management
Requisition ID: APA012YB