Shell Laboratory Technician -Lubricants/Grease in Shanghai, China
Laboratory Technician -Lubricants/Grease
No. of Positions:
Shell’s business objective in China is to help address the country’s energy priorities including energy supply/security, environmental protection and energy efficiency, working in partnership with Chinese companies and customers to mutual benefit both in China and overseas.
This includes support of the government’s commitment to improve the environmental performance and efficiency of today’s coal-based industry, and introduce clean energies to fuel the rapidly growing economy in a sustainable way.
Shell is concentrating on natural gas and new ways of using coal as well as providing consultancy services on energy efficiency and technological solutions.
In our fuels, lubricants, bitumen and chemicals businesses, we offer the latest technological and environmental solutions to contribute to sustainable development.
All Shell’s core businesses are represented in China: Exploration and Production, Gas and Power, Downstream (Oil Products and Chemicals) and Renewable Energy.
What's the role?
Laboratory technician works closely with project leaders and other team members to conduct lubricant tests and provide timely delivery of test data to support product development and technical service projects.
Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities for this role are as follows:
• Liaise directly with the project leaders and works jointly with them from planning to reporting
• Carry out laboratory test and analysis of lubricants, using standardized and non-standardized, in-house test methods
• Ensure timely delivery of high quality test results, support the interpretation of test results and provide his/her own views when needed
• Prepare laboratory-scale lubricant blends.
• Develop new laboratory methods for sample preparation and analysis
• Maintain testing equipment and facilities, calibration instrument and monitor test data accuracy
• Ensures to implement all relevant HSSE standards inside the lab and outside the lab
• Record and document test results as required by the quality management system
• Work together with the team for training and technology showcasing
Auto req ID:
R&D Product Development - Lubes & Spec
Country of Work Location:
Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. All of Shell’s core businesses are now represented in China. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world’s energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shanghai - The Hub
What we need from you
Relevant technical education/training (e.g. chemistry or related discipline is desired)
Bachelor degree in science or engineering.
Relative years of experience working in a chemistry laboratory, preferably in a lubricants lab
Knowledge of quality management system (ISO 9001 or ISO 17025)
Demonstrated good analytical skills.
Focus on HSSE
Proven team working, inter-personal & networking skills
Good English skills (verbal and in writing)
City, State (if applicable):
- Shell Jobs