Hilton Senior Account Manager, Hilton Worldwide Sales - Shenyang in Shanghai, China
The Senior Account Manager will proactively manage and grow Share of Wallet accounts for Hilton Worldwide. The role will look after these accounts on a local, national, international and global basis, where relevant and be accountable for the performance of their account portfolio. They will be required to manage one key or multiple segments, either corporate, MICE, leisure, and/or Chinese Local Accounts etc. They will create and communicate the account strategies in order to drive increased market share and demonstrate value to both internal and external customers. The Senior Account Manager will develop account plans to drive market share for a set of defined accounts and support Hilton predominately in the defined market.
What will I be doing?
The Senior Account Manager will work in the Hilton Worldwide Sales team with other account managers / directors, and will be responsible for driving both group business and transient business into Hilton’s portfolio of hotels on a local, national, international and global basis. The Senior Account Manager will be responsible for a set number of accounts to penetrate across all segments of the business. The activities will include managing transient RFP's, driving Group business conversions, organising familiarisation trips and presenting to customers on new hotel openings. They will also be responsible for identifying new accounts outside of their account base, negotiating CMTG agreements to drive share and attending relevant tradeshows representing Hilton Worldwide.
Planning Activities 20%
- Develops strategy and direction for the account base inline with the companies revenue strategies.
- Total account management focus, quickly identifying which segments of the business have the most opportunity to drive share.
- Identifies and evaluates new business opportunities within their current account base.
- Executes strategic account development plans and supports communications of key messages internally & externally.
- Manages customer RFP’s increasing the number of solicited and accepted hotels to drive market share.
- Establishes procedures and processes in relation to managing the account portfolio to drive market share.
- Accountable for the delivery of the strategy and activities of their account base.
- Develops strong relationships with key hotels that receive business from the account portfolio understanding the hotels individually strategy.
Organizing Activities 60%
- Implements plans to ensure overall strategic direction of the account base and supports the company’s revenue strategies.
- Manages the RFP process ensuring the correct procedures are in place to support the client and drive business into Hilton.
- Directs assignment of tasks ensuring optimum allocation of resources, utilising the Venue Finder and HWS Co-ordinator.
- Ensures relevant updates are sent both to internal and external stakeholders.
- Holds quarterly review meetings with key accounts to review business performance vs targets, identify opportunities and address related business issues.
- Develop and drive sales initiatives to ensure account targets are achieved.
- Monitors and reviews the impact of marketing initiatives on the account strategy.
- Establishes and develops long term effective working relationships with key customers to drive business.
- Networking with sub account handlers and global leads where relevant.
- Strengthening relationships with key hotels and aligning strategies where relevant.
- Maximizing all opportunities by developing relationships with third parties (MICE agents & TMC’s).
- To build, implement and communicate the account strategies, delivering the expected targets.
- To develop Account Plans that specify objectives time-scales and sales activities to support the defined account strategy and ensure maximum opportunity for account penetration.
- Accurately identifies the level of influence and decision making power of contacts in the customer organisation and uses these to secure business.
- Attendance at Industry Conferences and events.
- Accountable for communicating the strategy, ADP, and activities on a quarterly basis, along with relevant issues, opportunities and successes.
Directing Activities 5%
- Directs the accounts to ensure the maximum level of penetration.
- Executes organisational directives to the HWS Co-ordinator and the Venue Finder encouraging achievement of goals through motivation, communication and leadership.
- Reviews Account Development Plans on a quarterly basis, updating records accordingly.
- Implements account specific marketing initiatives to help drive the business.
- Agrees marketing activity to underpin the account strategies and deliver increase market share.
Staffing Activities 5%
- Ensures monthly 1:1’s are conducted with HWS coordinator / Venue Finder as appropriate to accomplish goals.
Controlling Activities 10%
- Assesses actual performance versus the target to ensure success and takes corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensures Account Development plan is followed and achieved providing feedback as necessary.
- Ensures RFP processes are followed in line with the Hilton Best Practice.
- Maintains Salesforce to ensure accurate and up-to-date customer account information is kept.
- To ensure information relating to customer requirements, interests and marketing activities is kept up to date through the use of relevant Hilton procedures.
- Work with the support team (Venue Finder / Co-coordinator) ensure tasks are carried out as directed by the customer.
- To provide accurate management reports to review account performance and communicate future plans.
- Reviews customer base to determine new opportunities for account penetration.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- To communicate regularly with hotels to ensure productive and effective meetings are established and customer information cross referenced and to ensure relevant hotels are well aware of the ‘Customer value’ when dealing with a tender coming from a specific customer.
- Attendance at sales workshops.
- Involvement in various projects to support the ASO team’s strategies.
- Support office head and Account Directors to organize and participate in related sales activities, including China showcase, cluster sales calls, FAM trips, customer appreciation event etc.
- Plan and attend the Familiarisation Trips that are detailed in the account development plans to support driving market share.
- Support Colleagues to achieve appointments with our clients for Sales Weeks
- Additional supportive functions as appropriate.
What are we looking for?
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent communication skills: presentations and written communications
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement actions required to achieve functional goals
- Strong problem solving skills including ability to address any issue in collaboration with others, identify and prevent potential problems and develop problem solving skills in others
- Has good relationship management skills and presents the appropriate professional image to customers and external contacts.
- Can handle more than one task/situation at a time
- Abilty to direct collaboration among cross-functional teams including external resources
- Ability to analyse departmental financial data in order to make strategic and tactical decisions
- Leads by example to resolve conflicts, introduce change and ensure collaboration among others
- Demonstrates the highest standards of ethical behaviour and absolute discretion with sensitive information
- Ability to provide development and mentoring to others
- Ability to work independently and manage the work of others
- Abiility to deliver performance feedback to subordinates to improve overall performance
- Ability to adjust plans and priorities as situations change.
- Prioritizes, organizes and uses a systematic approach to get things done.
- Ability to think and articulate a vision for business sales and capable of translating this into practical and tangible actions.
- Self-reliant, working with minimal control and direction.
- Takes calculated risks to achieve results in consultation with immediate supervisor and other relevant team members.
- Contributes and is effective when team working with peers.
- Adapts quickly and positively to any new situations.
- University degree or experience in lieu thereof
- Work experience in customer facing, revenue generating roles including management experience
- Experience working in multi-cultural or international settings
- Fluency in English
- Years of related experience: 5-7
- Management or supervisory experience type:Supervisory
- Add'l requirements (i.e. % of travel, etc.) : Flexibility to travel
- Advanced degree preferred
- Hospitality industry experience preferred in Sales, Marketing, Revenue or Operating roles
- In-depth knowledge of business sector manage
- International experience advantageous
- Fluency in English
- Years of related experience: 7
- Years of management or supervisory experience: 2
- Management or supervisory experience type:Managerial
- Add'l requirements (i.e. % of travel, etc.): Flexibility to travel
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Senior Account Manager, Hilton Worldwide Sales - Shenyang
Requisition ID: APA012WX