Hilton Senior Manager, Luxury and Lifestyle Brands Initiative, APAC in Shanghai, China
A Senior Manager, Luxury and Lifestyle Brands Initiative, APAC is reporting directly to the VP of Operations Luxury and Lifestyle APAC, you will serve as the champion and driver for all special projects, brand specific initiatives, brand personality delivery programs and any ad-hoc projects as required. This role will require the incumbent to focus on initiatives specific to bringing out the key philosophies, values, and personality of the Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, and Canopy brands. Furthermore, the Senior Manager of Luxury and Lifestyle Initiatives APAC is responsible for sharing research, competitive analysis, and positioning documentation for the unique qualifiers in behavior, amenity, and character for the brands within the portfolio.
What will I be doing?
A Senior Manager, Luxury and Lifestyle Brands Initiative, APAC will partner with the L&L leadership team to implement category strategic initiatives to realize our short, medium, and long-term performance objectives. You will lead the day-to-day execution of prioritized initiatives in APAC and will support the team by developing recommendations, delivering brand personality modules, preparing presentations, and mobilizing resources for cross brand initiatives/implementation. The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating unstructured challenges and creating a thoughtful, inspired approach to building on our reputation.
The remit of this role is inclusive of refreshing the brand identity and larger strategic roadmap and vision for the distinctive service qualities and persona of the three brands within the Luxury and Lifestyle Category. You will partner with the VP of Operations Luxury and Lifestyle APAC to deliver our brand identity throughout APAC.
Additional scope of this role includes but is not limited to, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Activating outcomes through on-property initiatives which requires the incumbent to lead cross-function teams with Operations, Development, Customer Organization, and other stakeholders
- Leading the execution of strategies for brand identity and personality
- Developing strategic brand positioning and reinforcing the brand's value proposition and expected levels of service in conjunction with Global Brand Heads and Brand Strategy
- Acting in liaison capacity and subject matter expert for Operations and Development, as it relates to presentations, analysis, owner relations, and recommendation of how the property fits within the brand
- Creating presentations and contributing content for OAC, MBR, QBR, Development Forums, and individual owner meetings
- Supporting implementation of new concepts and practices into the brands and on-property through carefully thought out pilots
- Ensuring hotel level training is reinforced and supported by brand standards
- Assisting in new owners presentations and support
- Creating and support LUXCON planning, content generation, and execution as needed as well as representing the Luxury and Lifestyle category as needed at forums, conferences, and industry trade events
- Maintaining general business and SWOT analysis of the three category brands and competitive landscape
- Being a thought partner and potential talent who could step into a future brand lead role
- Leading brand-to-brand owner conversations, setting expectations, and working with the Operations Team to deliver against Brand standards
- Supporting EMEA, APAC, and CALA regions - strategy, analysis, and integration of category plans
What are we looking for?
A Senior Manager, Luxury and Lifestyle Brands Initiative, APAC serving Hilton Brand hotels and vacations is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Experience presenting to management and internal partners
- Strong leadership and influencing skills – must be able to professionally lead and manage internal and external relationships successfully
- Collaborative team player, politically savvy, and great at building relationships across all levels of the business
- High level of proficiency working with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel, proficient skills with PowerPoint and Excel including presentation creation and delivery
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify message points for presentation and ability to proactively identify appropriate opportunities to share those messages with all constituent groups
- Minimum Education: Associate’s Degree/College Diploma/Cepeg
- Minimum Years of Related Experience: 5-7 years
- Minimum Years of Hospitality Experience: 7 years
- Years of Management or Supervisory Experience: 2 years
- Additional Requirements (i.e. 50% to 60% of travel time, etc.): Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required
It will be advantageous in this position if you demonstrate the following capabilities and advantages:
- Experience developing new strategies, building business cases, gaining internal/external support in a cross-functional environment, and driving implementation, with a track record of solid decision making
- Experience conducting market and/or competitive analysis to determine strategic opportunities such as SWOT, Porter’s Five Forces, etc.
- Education: BA/BS/Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum Years of Related Experience: 7 years related experience
- Management Experience: 4 years Director-level experience
- Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.): Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Communications and Public Relations
Title: Senior Manager, Luxury and Lifestyle Brands Initiative, APAC
Requisition ID: APA0134M