Eaton Corporation Lead Electrical Engineer, eMobility in Shanghai Shi, China
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a(n) Lead Electrical Engineer in Eaton’s eMobility business, based in Shanghai, China. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
· You will troubleshoot digital and analog electronic circuits in electronic assemblies.
· You will participate in requirements analysis, design reviews and other team development processes.
· You will keep abreast of new components and materials and uses CAD and simulation tools to design and analyze product integrity to facilitate rapid deployment.
· You will participate in and contribute to the development and generation of product requirements specifications based on Voice of Customer (VOC) inputs.
· You will create the appropriate technical documentation: Schematics, BOMs, DFMEA, Theory of Ops, etc.
· You will develop and launch new products following the stage-gate process (i.e., PROLaunch).
· You will work with internal and external design resources when appropriate (e.g. PCB layout, other engineers, software development, test laboratories).
· You will develop test plans for design validation in accordance with industry standards and customer requirements.
· You will establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with key customers and vendors.
· You participate as the lead engineer for electronics in core product development team
· Experience in designing to cost targets.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in new product development of On-board charger.
· Master’s Degree in Power electronics, Electrical Engineering or related from an accredited institution is required.
· Solid hardware design experience on power electronics, switch-mode power supplies, electrical transient protection schemes, design for EMC, etc.
· Familiar with Magnetic design.
· Experience in designing to cost targets.
· Experiences of electronic design tools: schematic capture circuit (e.g. Altium, Cadence), and behavioral simulation (e.g. Saber, PLECs, Ansys), PCB layout and design.
· Good English capacity on oral and writing.
· Good communication and relationship with cross function team.
· Understanding of automotive or commercial vehicle markets and the environmental requirements and related qualification testing required is preferred.
· Working knowledge of automotive serial data protocols (CAN, LIN) is preferred.
· Experience with C programming and embedded programming is preferred.
· Experience with various software tools (C compilers, programming environments, programming stations, serial data networks is preferred).
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Eaton Corporation Jobs