Eaton Corporation Manager, Finance Planning and Analysis, Power Quality Division in Shanghai Shi, China
Execute processes necessary to record, consolidate, analyze, forecast and report the financial results of the Power Quality business.
Responsible for coordinating the monthly/quarterly/annual close & forecasting processes, working closely with BU/site and Sector finance teams
Responsible for the control, accounting & reporting of the PQD budget, including ensuring the necessary service agreements are in place to facilitate the cash flows in locations with restricted currencies
Gathers, analyses, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, trended future requirements, operating forecasts, etc.
Assists management decision making by providing value-added analysis and financial insight in the areas of pricing, capital investment, business development, etc.
Coordinate monthly close and forecasting processes for PQD.
Consolidate, analyze and report financial data of PQD. Working closely with BU/site finance teams to put together meaningful regional commentaries of financial results (actual & rolling forecasts), as well as other Sector required reports to Electrical Sector Headquarters and regional management.
Responsible for the control, accounting & reporting of the PQD ledger (including ensuring that service agreements are in place to facilitate the cash flow in locations with restricted currencies).
Drive process improvements within scope of job.
Under-take special analyses to support strategic business decision making, including financial analysis in support of strategic initiatives, capital investments, changing business models, acquisition activity, make vs. buy analysis, pricing models, etc.
Participate in the annual profit planning process, including working with the BU/site finance teams and division planning teams to develop a solid plan with all required presentation materials for regional and Sector reviews.
Support preparation of materials for operating and related business reviews with the division/Sector leadership teams.
Support the preparation of the Strategic Plan financials.
Undertake assignments / projects as directed by division finance director.
Education and Experience:
• BS degree in Finance or Accounting, Master’s degree preferable.
• 10+ years broad financial experience within manufacturing & commercial organizations. Proven managerial capability
• Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
• Ability to operate across, and influence within, a complex matrix global organizational structure
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and concepts.
• Ability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operations analyses/reports.
• Broad general business knowledge.
• Working knowledge of financial and ERP systems (Oracle, SAP).
• General knowledge of all functional areas of the regional, sector and corporate organizations.
• Working knowledge of sourcing and manufacturing practices followed by operations personnel.
• Proficient in English and Chinese.
• Pronouncements of external regulatory bodies, such as Financial Accounting Standards Board, IASB, etc.
• International experience across financial disciplines, i.e., tax strategies, transfer pricing, currency hedging, statutory reporting, legal entity implications, etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD Power Quality Division APAC
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.