Eaton Corporation Sr. Analyst – UC Support in Shanghai Shi, China
• UC Voice Service and Support analyst with proven experience and strengths in problem resolution, customer service management.
• Must be able to follow ITIL standards and processes in ‘follow-the-sun’ support model.
• Support and maintain the Enterprise Communication environment globally through the lifecycle of the following products:
• Cisco Unified Call Manager (IPT) platform including Unity Connections.
• Cisco Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE)
• Cisco Jabber Softphone
• Cisco Video conferencing
• WebEx conferencing
• Office 365 (optional)
• Provide level 1 and 2 operational support for Global voice systems and level 3 issues as required.
• Support small and medium sized projects independently (Internal to Eaton)
• Effectively communicate business and other IT Stake holders about functionality and benefits of voice core.
• Serve a diverse customer base essentially users of communication technologies including business and IT Management in the region.
• Generate clear and concise documentation in the form of Knowledge Articles, FAQs and technical tips.
• Acts as a focal point for organizing a technical team, driving resolution and communicating status during critical, high impact incidents.
• Communicate to the other support team members to ensure project/technology transition after a successful deployment of a new system.
• Drive high availability by maintaining current versions, firmware releases, patches and vendor suggested improvements.
• Collaborates well with virtual global teams
• Consistently utilize key ITIL processes (problem management, change management, configuration management) in support of the environment.
• Act as in-region (Time Zone) coordinator for all UC services
• Incident receipt/documenting/resolution/escalation for Voice & Collaboration services in “follow-the-sun” support model.
• Lead conference calls and meetings to provide detailed information, task follow-up, and guidance for all support related issues.
• Provide clear and concise incident and problem escalation communications to the support and engineering teams for resolution of infrastructure issues, outages, incidents, and ongoing problems.
• Ability to communicate effectively with senior management and customer
• Ability to effectively work as interpreter between Chinese speaking customer and management/other IT support functions.
• Excellent communication & presentation skills.
• Expertise on different PBX servers especially Cisco Call Manager.
• Knowledge of network architecture design principles, best practices etc.
• Knowledge of platform systems like UCS, VM and storage.
• Knowledge and experience in Cisco Unified Contact Center platforms in a Support position
• Experience in moves/adds/changes (MAC) in large Cisco Voice environments
• Strong knowledge of Cisco Unified Call Manager (CUCM) Unity Connections and Jabber
• Knowledge of UCCE and associated Applications including ICM, CVP, VXML Gateway etc.
• IP Telephony systems administration, configuration, and implementation
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, VoIP and WAN networks
• Knowledge of Office 365
• Excellent troubleshooting skill
• 5+ years consulting experience with Cisco products
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems / Computer Science or equivalent
• CCNP-Voice (CCVP)- REQUIRED at a minimum
• CCNP Voice - a plus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.