Chenega Corporation ESL Instructor in Sheppard, AFB, Texas
Company Job Title:
Sheppard AFB, TX
Non-Exempt, Full Time, SCA
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
The ESL Instructoris responsible for providing full life cycle ESL Instruction support functions, as directed by the Head of ESL Instruction,about the 82ndTraining Wing Royal Saudi Air Force English Language Training Instructor at Sheppard Air Force Base.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under direct supervision, provides operational instruction of a multifaceted program/project typically consisting of a set of closely related subprograms or associated activities.
Provides the operational, administrative, and human resources management of the program; seeks and develops outside instructional sources, serves as primary point of representation and liaison with external constituencies on technical and operational matters.
Assists with the supervision, overall administration, and coordination of the required services.
Assign schedules and reviews work discrepancies.
Communicate policies, procedures and goals for the project.
Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Candidate should have ONE of the following:
- A 4-year degree that included or was supplemented by a major study in English as a Second Language (ESL), English as a Foreign Language (EFL), Linguistics, Foreign Languages, or Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
- A combination of education and experience with courses equivalent to a major in English as a Second Language (ESL), English as a Foreign Language (EFL), Linguistics, Foreign Languages, or Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL); plus, appropriate experience or additional course work that provided knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph above.
In addition to the academic requirements above, the candidate must have one of the following:
- At least one year of specialized experience in English language or foreign language instruction. Specialized experience includes: providing instruction to a diverse student body using the principles, practices and techniques of English as a Second Language (ESL) and English as a Foreign Language (EFL); teaching ESL/EFL to adults from basic elementary to advanced English; planning, preparing and coordinating instructional activities for adult students; creating and managing student assessment techniques and objectives to include test and measurement principles; assisting in the development and improvement of curriculum design, training materials, instructional delivery, and student administration; preparing lesson plans by selecting and adapting instructor texts and guides, or developing a plan of instruction for class-specific exercises.
- Completed 3 full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in one of following disciplines: English as a Second Language (ESL), English as a Foreign Language (EFL), Linguistics, Foreign Languages, or Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must be well organized, an effective communicator at multiple levels and able to grasp system concepts and communicate their applications.
Must can manage multiple projects with time related constraints in a fast-paced contract manufacturing environment.
Must be able to speak effectively before groups of internal and/or external customers or employees.
Physical Demands:(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment:(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Organization: Kapsuun Group, LLC
Title: ESL Instructor
Location: Texas-Sheppard, AFB
Requisition ID: 1900000060