Shell Asia Gas Advocacy and Regulatory Manager in Singapore, Singapore
Asia Gas Advocacy and Regulatory Manager
No. of Positions:
Shell Energy Marketing & Trading provides more and cleaner energy solutions across a global portfolio of gas, power, and environmental products to meet current and future energy needs of our customers: energy producers, asset owners, traders, wholesalers, and large industrial customers.
Within Shell Energy’s Gas Advocacy team, this position leads the Asia Gas Advocacy and Regulatory Affairs team to:
Deliver proactive policy advocacy for natural gas/LNG across the Asia region. This is to ensure that natural gas reaches its full potential in the energy mix in the region, in the context of the energy transition.
Provide gas and power regulatory affairs support for Shell Energy businesses in Asia.
What’s the role?
Lead and develop a high performing team to deliver in the following areas.
Gas Advocacy: includes broad and focused communication, enabling senior level and team engagement with stakeholders. This is often a mix of direct Shell advocacy and indirect advocacy through partners/influencers in specific markets. Specific responsibilities include:
• Setting the direction of Gas Advocacy efforts across Asia by assessing the existing policy framework in the context of the energy transition and of Shell’s strategy for the region;
• Analysis of energy issues that impact gas consumption, the development of Shell policy positions extending from this analysis, and the external delivery of a broad array of advocacy initiatives;
• Utilizing internal or external analytical (quantitative or qualitative) resources to drive fact-based messaging and recommendations;
• Enabling and equipping Shell senior leaders to drive messaging in key forums and dialogue with relevant stakeholders;
• Representing Shell with external stakeholders that have the ability to influence policymakers’ opinion and industry regulation in Asia;
• Development and maintenance of relationships with a number of regional key external, high-credibility non-industry bodies (NGOs, academic institutions, think tanks, multilateral banks) with the purpose of securing their public support for key Shell advocacy positions and deliverables.
Regulatory Affairs supports Shell Energy businesses in developing a profitable market presence in LNG, gas, and power in Asia. Specific responsibilities include:
• Assess the regulatory barriers to the strategic aspirations of Shell Energy in Asia, including the development of tradable gas and power markets, and develop appropriate regulatory reform positions;
• Progress regulatory reform program via appropriate stakeholders, including developing local coalitions and alliances and participating in national/regional forums and trade associations
Auto req ID:
Upstream & IG Commercial
Country of Work Location:
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Singapore - Metropolis
What we need from you
• Ability to lead a culturally and geographically diverse team.
• At least 10 years of experience in energy in either commercial, legal or policy/regulatory space
• Commercial acumen and understanding of the dynamics of Asia’s LNG/natural gas industry, including key market segments for gas.
• Experience with the development and execution of policy and regulatory intervention. For example, experience in analyzing market structures and developing policy proposals for governments, for example in a corporate or consultancy context.
• A proven track record of building strong external relationships and networks, and the ability to engage and build confidence at senior stakeholder level
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to influence others
• Ability to represent Shell at external & internal events, on stage, with media and in public forums.
• Ability to handle complexity.
• Relevant regional language capability is not required but is advantageous.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
• We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply for the role and we’ll take it from there.
• We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
• We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
• We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
City, State (if applicable):
- Shell Jobs