Hilton Assistant Sales Manager in Singapore, Singapore
An Assistant Sales Manager consistently strive to maximize revenue in rooms, public space, food & beverage, and ancillary products and services in order to achieve overall hotel’s objectives. Actively engaging with clients to build long-term and value-based customer relationships to achieve sales objectives.
What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Sales Manager consistently strive to maximize revenue in rooms, public space, food & beverage, and ancillary products and services in order to achieve overall hotel’s objectives. Actively engaging with clients to build long-term and value-based customer relationships to achieve sales objectives.. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Qualify and maximize business potential of designated portfolio through daily sales calls, telephone calls, effective account servicing, site inspection, FAM trips, tradeshows, entertainment etc
- Understand and analyse the competitive market place and implement approaches to ensure the hotel stays ahead in the local market
- Maximise all Group, Conference, and Event revenue opportunities
- Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the departments' adherence to achieving that strategy
- Review business plans, identify gaps and ensure proactive efforts to fill capacity and meet set targets
- Ensure the Sales Team Members are developed effectively and generate a culture of high quality standards and pro-active selling
- Organize hotel promotional activities
- Liaise with guests to determine objectives and requirements for the events
- Ensure seamless handover of events to Events Management team to coordinate accommodation, facilities, catering and signage for client.
- Maintain records of event activities including financial transactions
- Manage and develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist the Director of Sales in ensuring that targets and standards are met in the team
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Sales Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent presentation and creative selling skills to uncover new business. Able to present information logically and confidently verbally and in written form
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure and under own initiative
- Previous experience in hotel sales role
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of hospitality industry, current market trends, and economic factors
- Strong analytical skills so to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Business degree, or any relevant qualification, would be advantageous
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Assistant Sales Manager
Requisition ID: HOT05TLJ