Hilton Host/ Hostess in Singapore, Singapore
A Hostess/Host with Conrad Hotels and Resorts is responsible for welcoming guests and escorting them to their seats, not only that answering the restaurant reservation call to make a booking or responding the inquiry email from the guests for dining in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. As a part of their responsibility, they are required to assist the outlet’s administrational part such as menu printing, tracking discount awareness and issuing the documents to the team members.
What will I be doing?
As a Hostess/Host, you would be the first person to contact with the guest through the phone call or face to face. Upon the reservation call, maintaining high-standard of telephone etiquette based on the Luxury Hotel and being able to answer any sort of inquiry. Upon the guest arrival, being responsible for welcoming guests and escorting them to their seats for dining in the outlet. Beside of the Daily Operation, you would be required to assist the outlet’s administrational part such as menu printing, tracking discount awareness and issuing the documents to the team members. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Handling the guest phone call with high-standard of telephone etiquette
- Manage and co-ordinating reservations, special guest request and keeping them up-to-date
- Welcome guests and ascertain their dining needs
- Cultivates guest relations and rapport
- Seat guests and manage the seating chart (Respak)
- Co-ordinate table allocations with the outlet team members
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Accurately total, process and collect payments from guests to include, but not limited to, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, making change and processing gift certificates and cards
- Ascertain guest satisfaction and work to resolve any guest issues or concerns, enlisting the assistance of a supervisor, if necessary
- Monitor restaurant activity to determine seating and dining flow
- To assist in outlet administrative duties
- Perform opening and closing duties, as needed
- Assist others with side work including, but not limited to cleaning, stocking, folding silverware, etc.
- Ensure knowledge of menu and promotions
- Assist fellow team members and other departments wherever necessary to maintain positive working relationships
- To perform any other duties as assigned by immediate superiors
What are we looking for?
As a Hostess/Host serving Conrad Hotels & Resorts are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude
- Good communication (Oral and Written) and telephone etiquette
- Preferably bilingual in English and Mandarin
- Possess organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Food and Beverage
Title: Host/ Hostess
Requisition ID: HOT048V8