Shell Instrument Engineer (Project) in Singapore, Singapore
Auto req ID 70434BR
Job Title Instrument Engineer (Project)
Country of Work Location Singapore
City, State (if applicable) Singapore
Work Location Singapore Seraya
Company Description Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East.Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region.We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
The engineer will be part of the SJI project engineering team responsible for delivery of SJI site projects in Singapore. This engineer will provides leadership and expertise on all aspects of control and automation to the projects. Also ensuring integration of the brown field projects in to current facilities and other ongoing projects seamlessly.
He/She will work in a SJI multidiscipline project engineering team. Once construction starts the engineer will act as an assurance engineer to ensure the implementations are carried out as per design and meets the project premise.
The candidate is required to have knowledge on IEC61511, 61508.
1) Ensure project comply with relevant HSSE legislative and Shell group requirements.
2) Report / Intervene any unsafe behavior or unsafe operating condition observed while working in the plant.
3) Participate in project HSSE reviews as and when necessary.
4) Ensure that all staff and contractors under his charge adhere to HSSE rules & regulations and procedures.
1) The incumbent is responsible for the Instrumentation in the site project delivery team.
2) Responsible to support the project managers in Detailed Design with General Engineering Contractor, in-house design office and Specialist Vendor Engineering Contractor.
3) Support project managers for +/-10% cost estimate.
4) Responsible for procurement of all Instruments, valves and ON/OFF valves.
5) Responsible to issue PO to all the services required.
6) Responsible for managing all the interfaces with various parties (operations, HSE, process engineer technologist, contractors etc.)
7) Carry out FAT/SAT/KOM when required.
8) Review and approve Instrument discipline project documents produced by EPCm contractors and assume the role as Technical Assurance level-3.
9) Ensure lesson learned from past projects are applied during design phase and capture the lesson learned in the database for records.
10) Responsible for producing IFA/IFC documents for in-house run projects.
11) Responsible to handover IFC documents & equipment to construction and handshake with them.
12) Managing QA for instrument engineering discipline during construction works.
13) Participate in the PSSR (Pre-startup safety review) and support CSU focal for commissioning the assets.
14) Responsible to submit the As-built documentation to design office and handover copy of that documentation to maintenance for run and maintain.
15) During TA, perform the role of execution engineer for all the instrument related projects.
Bachelor degree in Engineering.
At least 3-5 years of professional experience in delivering Instrument scope in the capital projects.
Strong experience in field instrumentation and system (DCS/PLC) experience.
A proven track record of results in project delivery environment.
Experience in the design, testing/verification of Instrumentation and system.
No. of Positions 1
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Removal Date 31-Mar-2018