IBM Internship : Engineering ( Network or Systems) in SINGAPORE, Singapore
The Network division of IBM in Singapore is growing rapidly and seeks to hire an intern/co-op to assist the Network Operations team for a 12-month internship/co-op. The ideal candidate will have experience in the fundamentals of routing and switching and will be eager to work with Python for developing network automation tooling.
• Assist the Network team with day-to-day responsibilities for IBM Customers’ world-class production networks: troubleshooting, maintenance, and configuration of switches, routers, and firewalls
• Work on the continued development of automation tooling to control and monitor the network using Python, Ansible, and other tools
• Help with testing, evaluation, and roll-out of technology such as SDN, SD-WAN, VXLAN, and others
• Keeping up to date documentation and diagramming of the Network Infrastructure.
• Knowledge of routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF
• Basic proficiency in UNIX and TCP/IP network fundamentals
• Python or Ruby and some Ansible experience is a plus
• Ability to pick up new concepts around network design, management, and automation
• Initiative: ability to identify and complete tasks on your own.
• Top-notch troubleshooter: ability to dive into issues, resolve them and find the root cause
• Clear and effective communicator: ability to effectively work with fellow employees in a friendly and co-operative manner
The position will be based in Singapore.
Preferably 6 months and above
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Please refer to JD
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Please refer to JD
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.