Shell IT Business Analyst in Singapore, Singapore
IT Business Analyst
No. of Positions:
· This position is part of a global 24x7, 365 day/year support operation with team members located across the globe applying a ‘follow-the-sun’ model.
· The BA will report to a lead based overseas.
· Ensure effective application operations through management of various third-party Managed Services.
· Ensure that the application landscape is functioning effectively, and that issues and requests are resolved per agreed Service Levels.
· Face off to business interface managers for in-scope landscapes, sharing relevant information and managing priorities/escalations.
· Manage the Disaster Recovery (DR) plans for critical business applications within the landscape.
· Provide inputs to the annual Operating Plan. Ensure future demand from business growth, organic growth, operational remediation or changes in business requirements are included in the Demand Forecast
· End-to-end accountability for the Operate Landscape lifecycle, working with Business IT to enable innovation.
· Remediate any persistent operational issues via problem management.
· Ensure infrastructure within the landscape is at the appropriate support tier to deliver the Service Level Agreements (SLA) and develop remediation plans to address any shortfalls.
· Maintain the Business Critical list for applications within the portfolio.
1 position available
No staff/budget accountability
Virtual working environment in a globally based and culturally diverse team
Managing multiple delivery priorities and multiple demand requests
Working with multiple stakeholders in various organizations
Auto req ID:
IT Service Management & Delivery
Country of Work Location:
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Singapore - Metropolis
· A minimum of 5 years related work experience either in operations management or in-service delivery management and an overall more than 8 years of work experience
· A professional certification e.g. ITIL certification would be advantageous.
· Should have some experience and knowledge in Power Builder, SQL, PL/SQL, JAVA or any programming language.
· Strong stakeholder management skills with emphasis on strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Self-starter with good analytical and problem-solving skills, including strong interpersonal relationship, and negotiation skills
· Proven ability to deliver results in a matrix organization driving delivery excellence through influence and team working
· Experience in a multi-disciplined IT environment with proven background in service delivery and service management
· Broad knowledge of infrastructure service offerings
· Ability to operate in a virtual cross-cultural organization with strong collaborative skills with leaders and staff in various parts of the world
· Be willing to travel overseas for short periods if required
· Must be a team player
· Must be able to identify and realise opportunities for improvement
· This role works a normal shift, is office-based and is expected to be delivered from Shell’s Metropolis offices premises in Singapore
City, State (if applicable):
- Shell Jobs