Oracle Korean General Counsel JAPAC in Singapore, Singapore
Korean General Counsel JAPAC
Responsiblefor management of the Oracle Legal & Compliance operations in South Korea.The role provides a full range of in-house legal services with emphasis onsupport to Sales business units and Lines of Business (“LOB”) as well administrationof Oracle’s Compliance Program, including local implementation and governanceof Oracle’s compliance policies and procedures and adherence to applicable law.
· Responsible forlegal support to specific LOBs and/or industry sectors and Global BusinessUnits with cross border engagement
· Independent handlingof major tasks, business and improvement projects
· Assist in monitoringand implementing legal and compliance policies and business practices
· Maintain workingrelations across LOBs
· Represent Oracle’sposition in divisional legal affairs in JAPAC
· Act as the primarycommunication channel to Regional General Counsel, Oracle JAPAC
· Participate inOracle JAPAC Legal Management team
· Keep Oracle KoreaSenior Management briefed on important legal and policy issues
· Member of OracleManagement Team for South Korea
· Develop and maintainrelationships with external lawyers and other service providers
· Develop and maintainlinks with other industry lawyers
· Oracle Korea legalapprovals as allocated
· Budget and headcount responsibility for Oracle Korea Legal LOB
· Provide input to andassist in developing Oracle Korea business strategy regarding Legal andCompliance issues
· Management of counselsand other staff members
· Implementation ofOracle policies
· Identify, analyseand evaluate risks
· Advise on compliancewith Oracle business practices, policies, procedures and law
· Assist in themanagement of disputes and litigation
· Participate inOracle Legal JAPAC initiatives as required
· Provide input intonew policies and practices
· Provide leadershipon legislative awareness and policy issues
· Personally attend todrafting and negotiation of complex deals
· Mentor and supervisedirect reports / Legal staff
· Draft, vet andnegotiate major or complex agreements
· Localize and developmodel standard agreements / clauses
· Conduct training forsales and legal staff, and other employees regarding compliance and legalmatters.
· Advise the Businesson structure of contractual relationships, including appropriate documents touse
· Undertake disputeresolution management of claims and litigation
· Respond to ad hocqueries, providing appropriate solutions
· Work closely withother legal counsel throughout Oracle locally as well as internationally
· Manage instructionsto external counsel as required
2.3 Compliance Functions
· Give advice to Oracle Koreapersonnel on compliance-related issues.
· Investigate, supervise andmanage assigned compliance investigations.
· Work closely with othercompliance counsels across different regions.
· Conduct compliance trainingfor company employees, suppliers andpartners
· Draft reports on compliancecases.
· Participate in disciplinaryhearings.
· Fluency in Englishand Korean
· High level of legaldrafting skills (in Korean and in English)
· Excellent verbal andwritten communication skills
· Negotiation skills
· Presentation skills
· Solutions oriented, creativethinking and problem solving
· Commercial outlook
· Ability to performunder pressure
· Ability to adopt toconstantly changing requirements
· Creative thinkingand problem solving
· In depthunderstanding of Oracle’s products and services
· In depth understandingof Oracle’s business requirements and policies
· Superior leader andmanager
· Law degree andprofessional qualification.
· 10 years experiencein people management and experience in running of a legal department.
· Proven ability towork competently in very complex, demanding situations
· Fluency in Koreanand English along with strong writing skills.
· Experience withcommercial negotiations; Cloud computing contracts; SaaS and Social Mediatechnology transactions.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manages legal professionals to provide legal consultation across all lines of business enabling profitable growth while mitigating legal risks and assure adherence to governance policies, ethics, and country specific laws and regulations
Manages the legal function across geographies and/or within the individual's specialty area(s) to include staff, budgets, financials, strategic plans, and core processes. Manages staff in the development and implementation of department processes, procedures and programs. Ensures adherence to Oracle's processes, procedures and regulatory compliance concerning the department. Sets direction through development and implementation of both short- and long-term goals. Coordinates external counsel on legal matters pertaining to the individual's area(s) of responsibility and/or across larger geographies. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge across a broad range of sub-disciplines within the individual's specialty area(s), covering one or more of the following: general corporate law, antitrust/competition law, securities compliance and regulatory, employment law, immigration law, cloud transactions, data privacy, risk management asset-backed financing, contract management, intellectual property, trade secrets, advertising law, registration and other resolutions specific to the computer and technology industry.
Directs and ensures the implementation of operational policies through subordinate managers Interacts internally and externally with executive management involving negotiation of difficult matters to influence policy. Functional expertise and broad company knowledge. 12 years related experience. Completed law degree and member of bar association in relevant jurisdictions. Ability to travel as needed .
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
- Oracle Jobs