Shell Maintenance Manager in Singapore, Singapore
No. of Positions:
• Overall accountable for the Maintenance team’s day-to-day execution and strategic planning for plant asset maintenance, ensuring reliability and integrity of equipment to fulfill production plans.
• Ensure all Critical Activities per Process Safety requirements and all Preventive Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance are executed and in compliance to local statutory requirements, Shell’s Design and Engineering Practice (DEP) and Lubricant Supply Chain’s Portfolio Requirements and Specifications (PRS).
• Lead, coach and manage a team of Maintenance Supervisors (Mechanical and E&I disciplines) and Utilities operators, setting clear priorities and goals to drive high standards of personal accountability and performance.
• Identify, prioritise and plan CAPEX to fulfil Asset Integrity, Care & Maintain and Growth requirements for the site.
• Lubricant production plant of 10ha plot supported by Singapore Lube Park (SLP) non-operated venture which operates base oil tanks and finished product tanks and common jetty facilities.
• Automated LOBP with multiple blending systems capable of 400 million litres/annum.
• Automated lubricant oil filling lines for drums, pails, IBC and Bulk.
• Automated GMP and grease filling lines with 10,000 tons/annum capacity.
• Packed product loading and storage facilities.
• Site utilities – Steam boilers, air compressors, thermal oil furnace, cooling tower system, fire-fighting system, natural gas supply systems, Corrugated Plate Interceptor, electrical substations and solar electricity generation assets.
• Manage maintenance activities of all designated production assets on site and interface with Singapore Lube Park (SLP) on storage tanks and jetty assets related to Company operations.
• Review maintenance program for continuous improvement in reliability, productivity and costs competitiveness.
• Develop plans for condition monitoring of mechanical equipment and liaise with relevant subject matter experts/OEM to address any arising issues and concerns.
• Ensure availability and regular review of Work Instructions and SOPs for maintenances practices and activities.
• Ensure effective system of document management for asset maintenance and certification records, drawings, engineering documents, project documentation etc.
• Plan, track and control maintenance expenditure and optimize cost incurred for maintenance activities. Plan and submit annual maintenance OPEX budget (as budget holder), in line with business requirements and overall plant OPEX targets.
• Collaborate with Regional Engineering for Best Practice sharing / implementation and other initiatives.
• Support Production and Maintenance teams in developing Investment Proposals for Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) projects involving new assets, major equipment renewal or engineering modification, working with Regional Engineering and vendors as required.
• Support Management of Change for Process and Procedural changes as designated Technical Authority (level 2) where required.
• Mentor and support operations teams in Continuous Improvement programs for operational excellence in operational reliability, efficiency, process safety and sustainability
• Drive competency of contractors in HSSE performance and productivity to deliver safe and right-first-time quality work. E.g. in developing work procedures, risk management and QA/QC.
• Contract Holder for various maintenance contracts. Review effectiveness and cost efficiency of services rendered and support Contracting and Procurement team in regular Business Performance Reviews.
• Represent Maintenance in internal audits and participate in other internal / external quality system audits (ISO9001, 14000, SS506, HSSE LOD, IATF, LOBP and GMP Facilities Audits etc)
• Work with regional IT teams to ensure the site’s IT systems infrastructure e.g. PCS-GSAP and other IT systems comply with Shell’s IT security requirements and controls (Process Control Domain-IT).
• Identify and manage maintenance of Safety, Business and Quality Critical Equipment e.g. RAM5A/5B, 4A/4B to ensure plant process safety and reliability.
• Lead Permit Issuer in PTW system
• Participate in Hazard and Effect Management Practice (HEMP) reviews, Health Risk Assessment and other activities in plant HSSE Functional Plan
Key/ Special Challenges
• Multiple interfaces with various internal and external stakeholders
• High level of coordination and communication at various organization levels
• Fast-paced, dynamic and challenging business environment
• 24/7 operation for certain assets
• Managing a activities with direct exposure to process safety hazards
Auto req ID:
Country of Work Location:
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Singapore - Tuas Lubes Plant
• Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent (Mandatory)
• Minimum 8-years’ experience in maintaining manufacturing plant assets with focus on reliability and engineering aspects (Mandatory)
• Strong team leadership and track record of developing and coaching direct team members to improve team performance and effectiveness. (Mandatory)
• Demonstrated skills of collaboration, effective communication, prioritization and stake-holder management to manage multiple and sometimes competing priorities and tasks. (Mandatory)
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills (Mandatory)
• Familiarity with Computerized Maintenance Management System e.g. GSAP (Preferred)
• Experience with manufacturing and production operations (Preferred)
• Demonstrated interest and outward focus on new technologies, sustainability, industry trends (Preferred)
• Skilled in LEAN and Continuous Improvement methodologies (Preferred)
City, State (if applicable):
- Shell Jobs